Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating page 14

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Feminsim? when I hear that word I reach for my gun! The closes we comes to feminism here in my place is this:

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    "Gender equalism" is bogus. It assumes that discrimination and advantage are equally distributed. It's insisting that women must work to make sure men have at least equal advantage in all cases before any women can be permitted any equal opportunity.

It would be no different from insisting that minorities should work to make sure that white people are never discriminated against before those minorities can be permitted to have rights. Or to insist that poor people should volunteer their unpaid labor to help out rich people.

Merit pay is a straw man, just another excuse to find a reason to pay women less for doing the same work.
    Why would these minorities be working for the majority before themselves? Nonsense. You never backed that statement with how such a situation could occur either.

Everyone can work for themselves, ala the Libertarian mindset.

As far as the government goes, it would behoove us all to accept gender equality. And as far as I know, women are equal are under law. What is the big deal? Average salary?

New PayScale Study Challenges Conventional Thinking On Why Women Make Less Than Men

Women get paid equally with men when they start out. The salary differences grow as the rank of the employee goes up. Men make better leaders on average, so why is this surprising?

I think where feminists go wrong is that they equate "having the right to do everything men do" with "having the ability to do everything men do". There are legitimate differences that show up between the sexes' abilities on average.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-11-2013 at 02:03 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Just all the excuses you have manufactured to show that the existence of babies is entirely the fault of women, and thus women should sacrifice their livelihood to care for those brats that the father bears no responsibility for.
    Child support does a pretty good job of making the dads responsible.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Ever heard of child support? That's plenty of responsibility for a kid.
    L. O. L.

And no, I'm not really laughing.

Only a moron assumes that monetary input is "plenty of responsibility".
    Kids kind of need more than that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    What the hell happened in here?
    Feminism happened, it upset the natural balance of things, and this is the price mankind pays hehe. Chaos!

Yes, I still say mankind.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Natural law is that if the woman screws up the relationship, the man walks away and never comes back, or throws her out of the cave. Then she and baby starve.

The man has no responsibility.

I know nobody is going to like that, but nature is hash.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    L. O. L.

And no, I'm not really laughing.

Only a moron assumes that monetary input is "plenty of responsibility".
    Kids kind of need more than that.
    What more can you require? You can't *force* a man to be a parent. If he's not interested, he's going to be a shitty parent. It's better to just get the money from him and move on.

By the way, my statement was in response to eKatherine's post that said "father bears no responsibility for [the child]." I was showing that there is a way for women to force responsibility on deadbeat fathers in this current world. Monthly payments are all you can force on him, short of sending him to jail.

Is this fair for the woman to have to raise the child herself? It doesn't matter because that's the only option available currently. If people lived closer together in a more tribal-like state, maybe there would be more.

Is this fair for the man to have to pay for the child? The woman has greater responsibility for a child if the sex is consensual because she can still elect to take "morning after" pills or others like that. She can consider abortion as well as adoption. She is *choosing* to raise the baby, while the dad is forced to live with this choice. I think the best cases for a woman to prove that the man must pay child support is if: A) she was somehow raped or tricked into getting pregnant, or B) the father had committed to raising the child with her before leaving (especially late in the pregancy or after birth).
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-11-2013 at 04:05 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Natural law is that if the woman screws up the relationship, the man walks away and never comes back, or throws her out of the cave. Then she and baby starve.

The man has no responsibility.

I know nobody is going to like that, but nature is hash.
    That's fantasy... People live in groups, not isolation. No women in primeval history would have relied upon a single man for anything.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    It should be law that any workplace can accommodate children.
    I would lose my job if this were law. Child care costs money and it isn't fair to burden every business with that expense. The term "it should be law" should be fucking outlawed. Laws are dangerous and sweeping things. The negative aspects of a law should be weighed against the positive. The best case if this were law would be wide spread discrimination against prospective employees with small children. Worst case would be even more failing businesses.
    Last edited by aliphian; 06-11-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Child care costs money
    We cared for children long before money was invented. The problem is the total divide between the workplace and childcare resources that is dehumanising our society. We are now a product of the industrial revolution in which the workplace is designed exclusively for work, to the exclusion of everything else, and we blindly accept these conditions for reasons that are beyond me, but now we have an oppurtunity to revert back to something resembling the older cottage industries with the combination of childcare facilites and workplaces. Saying that this would cost money is completely missing the point, IMO.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast