Thread: "Primal" Cheat days page

LaoTzu3s is offline Junior Member

"Primal" Cheat days

Primal Fuel
    It seems to me that humans seek novelty and this doesn't seem to be a bad thing, the problem comes from "bad" novelty (wheat, legumes, goitrogens, risky behaviour etc.). Why can't a binge day of Primal approved ingredients be "good"?

I see many post post talking about how bad the next day or week was after a "cheat day" of eating doughnuts, pizzas and beer. Why not eat a couple of bars of dark chocolate or maybe more than 1,2 or gasp 3 glasses of wine or hell, even cocktails? Or how about that risotto you've been dying to try or the fantastic new tapas restaurant that is gluten friendly and has amazing flourless chocolate cake. This has occurred by accident in the past and I "expected" the food hangover, but I actually felt amazing and the next week was great. Though if I overindulge regularly throughout the week (usually too many consecutive wine days) I definitely feel like garbage.

Could a cheat day (or novelty day) of primal approved foods be a good thing and satisfy a sense of curiosity/novelty seeking that I also believe to be "primal"? Could this be a good hormetic stress that keeps the body engaged in the health enhancing process, while minimizing steady "little" cheats that are health sabotaging?
    Last edited by LaoTzu3s; 06-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaoTzu3s View Post
    Could a cheat day (or novelty day) of primal approved foods be a good thing and satisfy a sense of curiosity/novelty seeking that I also believe to be "primal"? Could this be a good hormetic stress that keeps the body engaged in the health enhancing process, while minimizing steady "little" cheats that are health sabotaging?
    I can dig it. There are places in town that do a (quality) Italian or Greek Sunday brunch buffet and I'll definitely stuff myself silly with eggs, fish, lamb chops, and fruit as an "illicit thrill".
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list