Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've hit my first plateau, I need help. page 2

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You should do a crash diet at around 1000 calories for like a week, then go back normal for another week, then crash again.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    You should do a crash diet at around 1000 calories for like a week, then go back normal for another week, then crash again.
    Mmmm, no. I appreciate the suggestion but I'm more apt to carb load than cut my cals any lower than they already are.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Hey how did it go?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I did drop below 320 for the first time but I don't know where I am today - I usually pack on a few pounds every Saturday (really, I have no idea why). I'm doing my best not to weigh myself this week, so I guess we'll see where things stand next Friday.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Barb is offline Senior Member
    You might look into eating coconut oil. It is composed primarily of medium chain fatty acids which are absorbed directly into the blood stream without having to hitch a ride on a lipoprotein. They can cross cell membranes directly without extra receptor/enzyme activity and then go straight to the mitochondria, the engines of the cells. Coconut oil is thermogenic - increases metabolism and with the beneficial antimicrobial effects as well. Eating 2 tbs prior to breakfast and lunch should help with weight loss. Don't take before dinner because it boosts your energy/metabolism and makes it harder to sleep. Many weight lifters use a refined form of coconut oil called "MCT" - medium chain triglycerides. But from what I have read, coconut oil is much better for you. You can increase your coconut oil by cooking your eggs in it, using full fat coconut milk in shakes and sauces, and eating the truly delicious coconut butter (which is just coconut oil with enough coconut meat in it to make it creamy like butter).

I also have a sense that you might benefit from eating some leafy greens like kale or chard, maybe some broccoli. These vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals you may be missing and have almost no carbs. They might help you sleep and feel better - more potassium, magnesium, etc.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    The coconut oil will help you let go of the fiber as well. I had the same issue you did and took fiber for years. When I started eating at least 4 T. of coconut oil per day a couple of months ago I had no more problems that required additional fiber. I just eat the oil out of the jar. It is not as cloying as most oils.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    You've got lots of time before the deadline.. What are your workout routines like?

I'd suggest upping your fat intake and your carbs with some more veggies and fruit. And then busting you ass in the gym - not for reps, but for max weights for lots of sets. Every other day unless your body says no.. 8 sets of 3 for deadlifts and squats, then 4 sets of 8 for dumbell lunges and then some planks and prone bridges etc... that kind of thing... don't spin your wheels with cardio workouts.

I dig these last 3 comments, thanks a lot. I cook my eggs in coconut oil. I just recently ran out but I've been meaning to go get more. I'd like to try it out as a substitute for fiber but it's pretty expensive ($9/jar), so I can't quite afford 4TBS/day in addition to what I use for cooking. It's an interesting suggestion though.

I'd like to incorporate some more vege's into my diet but I haven't for 2 reasons:

1.) I HATE most vege's. And not in a small way, I'll literally gag when many vege's hit my mouth. I don't know what's up with that.
    2.) I'm afraid that by eating more carbs I'll go out of ketosis, although ketosis doesn't seem to be helping me lose weight lately so maybe I need to change things up.

@ slowcooker: that's pretty much how I work out. I hammer squats, deadlifts, and the bench press every week. I use near max loads and I do multiple, low-reps sets (after I've warmed up). I dig going hard in the gym, I really do. The planks and whatnot I haven't been doing. I guess I'm still resting on the "I'm too fat." excuse, but it's probably time to move on from that.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting enough sleep - and is the room you sleep in dark enough? If you don't get enough quality sleep, your body might be in "permanent summer / pre-hibernation" mode.

I think I do, at least 8 hours/night, although the quality of my sleep's not all that good and it never has been - I toss and turn a lot. I have blackout curtains on my window and I use f.lux on my computer so I think I should be good to go in the light department.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast