Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steak, eggs, and StrongLifts: what can I expect? page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    I was responding to Misabi's post and questioning the actual results....

And on another note, the steak and eggs things is a bastardization of The Anabolic Diet. Which is used for longer than 3 weeks (because it's simply too short for any type of conclusive evidence of efficacy) and in this diet you re-fead every 6-7 days.

Prolonged carb restriction blows for lifting.
    So steak and eggs is a bastardization of the anabolic diet? Really? So a diet popularized in the seventies is a bastardization of a book written in 1995. Yeeeeaaaaaah. I don't think I'm gonna be relying too heavily on your logic.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    The Gironda Steak and eggs diet from the sixties, lots of liver tablets and with a refeed meal with carbs every 72 hour! Some people stayed on this for long periods. Basically its a cyclical ketonic diet...

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    So steak and eggs is a bastardization of the anabolic diet? Really? So a diet popularized in the seventies is a bastardization of a book written in 1995. Yeeeeaaaaaah. I don't think I'm gonna be relying too heavily on your logic.
    No, you're right, it was poor word choice on my part. The anabolic diet is a more refined version of the very scientific and equally well documented "steak and eggs" aka "that 70's diet".
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I hate accusatory remarks. I make them all the time, but dammit i hate them. Carry on.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I hate accusatory remarks. I make them all the time, but dammit i hate them. Carry on.
    Haha. I saw his post as basically calling out some people on some gains they made, or casting doubt just cause he don't agree with the method. So I was a dick. I'll own it .

Its all good. I'm sure neither me or fernaldo will lose any sleep over it. Movin on.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Sounds like you found the miracle workout. Why would you ever stop if these where the actual results for a 3 week period...
    Firstly, you sound like an arse.

Secondly, and to actually answer your question in case a non-arse is interested in the same, I stopped because I was sick for the 4th and final week (though I continued to lose fat and maintain strength and muscle in that last week), and have been travelling around SE Asia for the past 2 weeks.

Don't worry though, I'll get back into it again when I get home. I'm interested in how long I'll see those kind of results too, though I'd expect them to plateau.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm still in steak and eggs limbo. I haven't entirely stopped. Today I had over a pound of beef heart and six eggs, but yesterday I had a bag of dried apricots (no additives, zomg!), half a watermelon (watermelon never bothers my gut, os if it's cheap I'll buy one!) and some chocolate. Also eating oysters, etc. And having fun with weights for the "grow your arms" thread. It's almost how I usually eat anyway, just with more eggs.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    The Gironda Steak and eggs diet from the sixties, lots of liver tablets and with a refeed meal with carbs every 72 hour! Some people stayed on this for long periods. Basically its a cyclical ketonic diet...
    also, the gironda diet was for losing weight for a contest - not for routine training or trying to get big/strong.

EAT CARBS.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    also, the gironda diet was for losing weight for a contest - not for routine training or trying to get big/strong.

EAT CARBS.
    Jakey you ain't been round in a while..... people did this for a cut (lose fat) and WITH a refeed. Just a tool in the belt my man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123