Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if I'm eating enough? page

myzander is offline Junior Member

Not sure if I'm eating enough?

Primal Fuel
    So, I've been primal/paleo for about 45 days now I have lost about 17lbs but I'm not sure if I'm eating enough. I wake up about 7:30 to get the kids and myself ready for the day. Get to work @ 9 and have my coffee. (bulletproof) I can't seem to get out of the house in time for breakfast so, i usually don't eat until 1 ish'. For lunch I usually have leftover dinner which is usually some sort of meat and a salad. Then for dinner it's another form of meat and a veggie (usually broccoli). I use butter where I can and sometimes will use cheese and sour cream. I know I need to eat breakfast, but it's just so hard to get everything done in such a short time. Does anyone have any quick breakfast ideas? Or do you think I'm eating enough? I know that some fast, but is fasting everyday until 1 going to mess with my metabolism?

Thanks in advance :-)

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I don't often have time or inclination for breakfast either anymore. I've tried but meh. I have my cup o coffee with cream when I get to work at 9 and lately I've taken to a snack of meat and cheese around 11. Then I have my lunch at 1 or 2 and dinner around 7.

Eat more for lunch and dinner if you are feeling hungry.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if I'm eating enough?
    Enough for what? What are you trying to achieve eating primally?

Quote Originally Posted by myzander View Post
    I know I need to eat breakfast, but it's just so hard to get everything done in such a short time. Does anyone have any quick breakfast ideas? Or do you think I'm eating enough? I know that some fast, but is fasting everyday until 1 going to mess with my metabolism?
    NO YOU DON'T. If you're not hungry, there's no reason to eat breakfast.

Eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not. Don't be afraid to BE hungry once in a while. Then eat till you're full. This is your body's way of signaling that its time to refuel. I don't know how that would mess with your metabolism.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Enough for what? What are you trying to achieve eating primally?
    I guess I'm wondering if I'm eating enough to fuel my body for the day. Sometimes I feel dizzy and I'm wondering if I need more to eat (fats) or is it that since I'm still fairly new to this eating is my body in ketosis.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    More fat or more salt would be my guesses to help with your dizziness.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myzander View Post
    I guess I'm wondering if I'm eating enough to fuel my body for the day. Sometimes I feel dizzy and I'm wondering if I need more to eat (fats) or is it that since I'm still fairly new to this eating is my body in ketosis.
    Is the dizziness when you stand up from sitting or squatting down?

Cathartes is offline Member
    First of all, are you trying to lose weight? It would help if we knew where you were coming from before you were eating primal.

There's nothing wrong with skipping breakfast, especially if the alternative is forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry. The dizziness could be a result of not eating enough, or not eating enough carbohydrate, or both. Your daily menu doesn't give portion sizes, so I can't judge regarding the amount, but it definitely is low on the carbohydrates. Are you aiming for ketosis?

Primal isn't necessarily a very low carb diet. An easy way to figure out if the carbohydrate is the issue is by adding some paleo starches. Eat a sweet potato or some roasted squash with dinner for a week, and see how you feel. If you feel better, just keep doing it. If you feel the same, try eating more fat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    Is the dizziness when you stand up from sitting or squatting down?
    You got it. It happes whenever I do both of thoes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Yeah, I guess that would help right :-D.. the only thing is I'm not sure on the portions. I just eat until I'm full. I will keep track of what I eat for a week then see if there is more I need to add. Thank you all so much for your input..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are dizzy from motion, you probably need more carbs & to watch your electrolytes. Make sure to use salt.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast