Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Putting together ideas from prior posts, it's pretty much:

* Steakhouse
    * Brazilian BBQ
    * Korean BBQ
    * Sashimi
    * Seafood Restaurant

The worst imaginable I guess would be Italian; noodles, bread, cheese, milk! For some reason business colleages always suggest this, "oh, lets go Italian", noooo!!!!
    Find a place that has an oyster bar. I found one in my neighborhood that has "happy hour" on oysters for a buck a piece so I go have a dozen and call it dinner sometimes.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    The worst imaginable I guess would be Italian; noodles, bread, cheese, milk! For some reason business colleages always suggest this, "oh, lets go Italian", noooo!!!!
    Italian is probably the easiest to find a decent meal. It's primarily meat and vegetables, and most things are cooked with butter and olive oil. An actual Italian restaurant is one of the safest places to eat, next to authentic Greek diners. Don't confuse Olive Garden with Italian food. Real authentic Italian BYOB's have very little pasta on the menu. It's more traditionally veal medallions, pork chops, lamb, sauteed chicken dishes, etc.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    These are popular Italian restaurants in Philadelphia. The menus are linked.

Melograno
    Casta Diva, an Italian Delight in Center City Philadelphia
    La Fontana Della Citta - Philadelphia
    http://branzinophilly.com/mS/menus/dinner.php
    Dinner Menu | Davio’s Philadelphia
    La Viola - Bistro | Italian BYOB | Philadelphia Restaurant | Menu

IMO it's hard to find things you can't eat. Make sure you go to real Italian restaurants, not Pizza Hut, Olive Garden and Carrabba's.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Choco. I have never had an issue ordering food at a real Italian restaurant. They always have fish, meat (veal, pork, steak) and cook with olive oil or butter. Antipasti has cured meats, veg, etc.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Interesting. I was in NW Italy at the base of the alps last year, a little village. There *was* some good food; fresh local vegis, meat, cheese and olive oil. But also a lot of crappy pizza/pasta etc. Not sure I found a good "goto paleo dish" while there though.

But the espressos were fantastic! Starbucks just tastes wrong after a proper espresso.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Starbucks has always tasted wrong... Welcome to real coffee :P

People are always touting the wonders of the Mediterranean diet but soooo much pasta...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I love the Italian place we go to! They have a whole gluten free menu with fish, meat, poultry. There is also risotto for carb eaters. I will say that the inexpensive neighborhood Italian places (run by Greeks down here) are heavy on pastas and don't have much by way of non-pasta. Still... better than Olive Garden.

If you are in the South, BBQ. Big ass pile of pork, get a side of collards.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    People are always touting the wonders of the Mediterranean diet but soooo much pasta...
    Keep in mind that the "Mediterranean diet" is an artificial construct based on three things:

What poor people were eating at the time and place of the study. We are talking impoverished Italians at the end of World War II, who immediately started buying fatty meat again when they were able to afford it after the economy picked up.
    What upper middle-class American trendsetters would accept. You don't seriously think they'd eat like hungry poor people?
    The idea that there is a universal Mediterranean diet, when actually the diet is cobbled together from various aspects of different cuisines.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Ok, Fewer Restaurants. Just steak houses, fish houses, and some Tai food.

So we need many fewer restaurants. But we need a lot more small, family farms. A lot more. Maybe we could even have some small PB villages, made up of mostly small pb-family farms.

Please.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Ok, Fewer Restaurants. Just steak houses, fish houses, and some Tai food.

So we need many fewer restaurants. But we need a lot more small, family farms. A lot more. Maybe we could even have some small PB villages, made up of mostly small pb-family farms.

Please.
    We need many more small family farms that roast whole lambs in the evening.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast