View Poll Results: How many carbs do you eat per day?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm VLC baby! 0 - 50gs carbs

32 22.70%
  • 50gs - 150gs: Mark's cut off point for normal folk.

86 60.99%
  • 150gs - 300gs.

19 13.48%
  • More than 300gs. (Are your sources still real foods?)

4 2.84%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your carb consumption? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

What's your carb consumption?

Primal Fuel
    We all know that carb wars rage on this forum, but I'm interested to know what percentage of people actually adhere to Mark's carb curve.

I'm guessing more people eat low carb than don't, but I bet it's not a huge majority.

So, how many carbs do you eat per day? Poll is above.

Not saying one is better than the other btw... just curious!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-06-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    I cycle my carb days according to my lifts

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    At the present, I eat 2 days high, 2 days low (zero actually since I don't include veggies in my carb count) 3 days low-moderate. But these are what I call good carbs, no bad carbs. Nothing processed, no wheat, no sugar. Nothing super high GI.

If you look at the net, even my high days arent really all that high according to the curve.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    50-150 for sure. It actually takes effort for me to go outside of that range (in either direction).

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    IMO Mark's 50g-150g bracket is more description than prescription. Provided ad lib access to bananas and sweet potatoes--but not bread and candy--I suspect the majority would contentedly settle inside it.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Usually 200-300 carbs - mostly from sweet potatoes, potatoes, fruits (lots of bananas), white rice, and other root vegetables.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I am usually right on the 150g line. I probably go over on some days. Sources are honey, fruit, sweet potatoes and white potatoes mostly.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?
    Yes. Then you are supposed to feel badly if you go even .0001% over certain macros. After that you are supposed to come here and say how badly bloated you feel because you ate 1g more of sweet potato than you "should" and ask how everyone deals with the huge sugar binge you are currently involved in because of said 1g of sweet potato. After that you post again telling everyone how primal doesn't work and how you are becoming a vegan because meat is the real problem and the source of your 100 year old battle against food.

Seriously though, I eat whole foods and feel good about it. Many days I am low carb to the point of a few vegetables. Other days I eat two pounds of potatoes. It depends on how the mood strikes. Oh, and sometimes I eat whatever the f*ck I want. I don't feel bad about it either.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I never looked at it before. No post arguing for it or against it that I have seen has ever contained a link to it, so I guess I assumed it was something you would have to buy the book to look at. So obviously I don't adhere to it. I only irregularly track my intake.

I eat fruits and vegetables, not too many starches. I don't fry myself with anaerobic exercise like young guys full of testosterone feel the need to. I am rarely if ever tired or fatigued. I see no reason to change what I am doing.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast