View Poll Results: How many carbs do you eat per day?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm VLC baby! 0 - 50gs carbs

32 22.70%
  • 50gs - 150gs: Mark's cut off point for normal folk.

86 60.99%
  • 150gs - 300gs.

19 13.48%
  • More than 300gs. (Are your sources still real foods?)

4 2.84%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your carb consumption? page 5

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Around 300g, mostly from fruit and sweet potatoes. I don't excersise that much - 1 hour a week without equipment.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Deane View Post
    Just don't eat anything white, or made from anything white.
    Wow, that's quite restrictive! I would give up coconut ? or halibut / cod fish ? or duck fat ? (OK, not totally white but ...)
    Do you mean "white as in flour / processed starches" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Deane View Post
    Low carb all the time, at least seven years now. I lift four days a week. On my 24-hour fast day -- once a week -- I do Peak 8's (sprints) and racquetball. Two days a week I walk a lot, and I bike when it is convenient and fun. Giving up carbs was very easy. I don't see why people have such a hard time doing said. To me it is a non-issue. Just don't eat anything white, or made from anything white.
    a lot of people don't see why people give up carbs. or give up eating anything white. sounds like something you'd read in on the cover of a trashy mag in a grocery store checkout line

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    VLC for now with one day of carb refeed (definitely not an excuse for a binge, just a day where I eat more clean carbs) per week. I'm trying it for a while to see how I feel.

I don't really have a strong opinion of how many carbs other people should eat for optimal health though.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am between 130 and maybe 200 g of carbs. I love fruit and tubers, and tried a few times to drop them, and in the end, yeah, I am one of those having a hard time reducing carbs to 50-75 g, and even harder time staying under 30 g. Can't ever understand how people find it so easy. So, I am above Mark's recommended range, so I call myself Paleo, rather than Primal.

According to Practical Paleo my activity level places me at about 50-75 g carbs. I am not athletically training, but I lift and do a couple of 30 min cardio sessions a week, one MA class recently (yay!) and walk, garden, what have you for play. But I just feel unhappy and have to count and concentrate to stay that low. And in the end, I always break down and have that extra apple or whatever, so I figured, to heck with the perfect range. It's not like VLC gave me a perfect body anyhow.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-07-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Usually 200-300 carbs - mostly from sweet potatoes, potatoes, fruits (lots of bananas), white rice, and other root vegetables.
    This suits me as well. It is difficult to eat >300g of carbs on whole foods. It takes a lot of eating many meals a day revolving around lots of weight lifting to exceed that regularly. Adding honey and maple syrup, or doing things like making coconut flour pancakes or nixtamalized cornbreads or heavy rice consumption are necessary for me to achieve this goal, so it never really happens. I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
    My boyfriend and I did that once, that stuff is like crack! It was kind of funny, we discovered a very tasty whole food treat and then decided we should not make it very often almost at once
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

piggy is online now Senior Member
    My days revolve around 50 grams, most of the times less than that. I do a conscious effort to go up to 75 grand for one or two days a week. I eat no grains, no sugar or honey etc, no potatoes or rice, and I find fruit very sweet. If I do decide to stay away from nightshades (which I am thinking but have not decided yet) I will have to depend on dark chocolate for my carbs. .

Sent from my Nexus 4

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    This suits me as well. It is difficult to eat >300g of carbs on whole foods. It takes a lot of eating many meals a day revolving around lots of weight lifting to exceed that regularly. Adding honey and maple syrup, or doing things like making coconut flour pancakes or nixtamalized cornbreads or heavy rice consumption are necessary for me to achieve this goal, so it never really happens. I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
    Melt a little chocolate over those...

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Melt a little chocolate over those...

I've done it. Baked bananas with chocolate chips, shredded coconut and cinnamon. My advice: DO NOT DO THIS. It is much more difficult to overeat ice cream or cheesecake!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast