View Poll Results: How many carbs do you eat per day?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm VLC baby! 0 - 50gs carbs

32 22.70%
  • 50gs - 150gs: Mark's cut off point for normal folk.

86 60.99%
  • 150gs - 300gs.

19 13.48%
  • More than 300gs. (Are your sources still real foods?)

4 2.84%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your carb consumption? page 3

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The majority of the time it's 50-100g of carbs (15g from sugar, from carrots and such).

As I eat a meat and vegi diet it just doesn't seem natural to be able to hit much less/more. If I eat steak and eggs and just a few greens it is 35g, if I eat a bunch of sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumbers it might hit 110g max.

But I have no idea how to go over 150g on meat and vegi, perhaps using some unnatural method like a juicer?

Marks curve is spot on and should be taught in textbooks as the natural Paleolithic range. That's what I think.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?
    Me too. I don't measure calories, ratios, anything.

For what it's worth, I eat potatoes, kumara or rice with every evening meal, and also eat them for breakfast as well the next day if there are leftovers.

The only difference is that pre-primal those foods would be the majority of the meal, now they are only about 1/3 of the plate (by volume)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Mine vary day to day on what I feel like eating, but probably average 30-100 most days. Usually have a close to zero carb day once a week just because I only feel like eating meat. Sweet potatoes, bananas, and dark chocolate are the higher carb items I eat.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sgt. Sugar reporting in.

300g+ a day, every day
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Approx. 150g. I go for the more balanced approach and eat high protein meal once a day usually at dinner.

Sources: low-carb veggies, sweet and mostly white potatoes, carrots, white rice, bananas, dry fruit, raw honey, apples, watermelon, other fruit, gelato, ice cream, dark chocolate.

I'm looking to have a week or so of all vegetatian or maybe even all vegan foods sometime this Summer.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I added up today, estimating what I plan to cook for dinner. I only got to 125g and that's with eating potatoes at two meals plus dried fruit for a snack. I imagine there are days when I go above the 150 range, but I probably don't go too much over and probably not very often. I do not try to restrict.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Many days 0 carb, some days of fruit, chocolate and nut frenzy mixed in.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Cathartes is offline Member
    I'm sort of surprised that most people voting are in the 50-150g range, it seems like I read a lot of posts from VLC groks and grokettes. (or maybe ketosis makes people post more often! just kidding)
    I usually end up between 50-150g; some days are higher, some are lower. Depends on my mood, and how many berries or sweet potatoes I eat. I don't really do intense workouts, so I don't need to replenish glycogen or anything. It's just a comfortable point for me; I feel like it gives me good energy, and my hunger/ blood sugar stays stable. Oh, how I don't miss the days of spikes and crashes!

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.
    Do you eat 5 pounds of kale per day?

I'm doing well on roughly 50% carbs, which more often than not = a little under 250g. I don't track often enough to really know, but it varies. Wanna know what's super duper strange? The more carbs I eat, especially from fruit, the less I crave them. Hrmmmmmmmmm.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast