View Poll Results: How many carbs do you eat per day?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm VLC baby! 0 - 50gs carbs

32 22.70%
  • 50gs - 150gs: Mark's cut off point for normal folk.

86 60.99%
  • 150gs - 300gs.

19 13.48%
  • More than 300gs. (Are your sources still real foods?)

4 2.84%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your carb consumption? page 3

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The majority of the time it's 50-100g of carbs (15g from sugar, from carrots and such).

As I eat a meat and vegi diet it just doesn't seem natural to be able to hit much less/more. If I eat steak and eggs and just a few greens it is 35g, if I eat a bunch of sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumbers it might hit 110g max.

But I have no idea how to go over 150g on meat and vegi, perhaps using some unnatural method like a juicer?

Marks curve is spot on and should be taught in textbooks as the natural Paleolithic range. That's what I think.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?
    Me too. I don't measure calories, ratios, anything.

For what it's worth, I eat potatoes, kumara or rice with every evening meal, and also eat them for breakfast as well the next day if there are leftovers.

The only difference is that pre-primal those foods would be the majority of the meal, now they are only about 1/3 of the plate (by volume)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Mine vary day to day on what I feel like eating, but probably average 30-100 most days. Usually have a close to zero carb day once a week just because I only feel like eating meat. Sweet potatoes, bananas, and dark chocolate are the higher carb items I eat.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sgt. Sugar reporting in.

300g+ a day, every day
    nihil

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Approx. 150g. I go for the more balanced approach and eat high protein meal once a day usually at dinner.

Sources: low-carb veggies, sweet and mostly white potatoes, carrots, white rice, bananas, dry fruit, raw honey, apples, watermelon, other fruit, gelato, ice cream, dark chocolate.

I'm looking to have a week or so of all vegetatian or maybe even all vegan foods sometime this Summer.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I added up today, estimating what I plan to cook for dinner. I only got to 125g and that's with eating potatoes at two meals plus dried fruit for a snack. I imagine there are days when I go above the 150 range, but I probably don't go too much over and probably not very often. I do not try to restrict.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Many days 0 carb, some days of fruit, chocolate and nut frenzy mixed in.
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    We don`t give a damn about your world
    Right now, right now!

Cathartes is offline Member
    I'm sort of surprised that most people voting are in the 50-150g range, it seems like I read a lot of posts from VLC groks and grokettes. (or maybe ketosis makes people post more often! just kidding)
    I usually end up between 50-150g; some days are higher, some are lower. Depends on my mood, and how many berries or sweet potatoes I eat. I don't really do intense workouts, so I don't need to replenish glycogen or anything. It's just a comfortable point for me; I feel like it gives me good energy, and my hunger/ blood sugar stays stable. Oh, how I don't miss the days of spikes and crashes!

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.
    Do you eat 5 pounds of kale per day?

I'm doing well on roughly 50% carbs, which more often than not = a little under 250g. I don't track often enough to really know, but it varies. Wanna know what's super duper strange? The more carbs I eat, especially from fruit, the less I crave them. Hrmmmmmmmmm.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast