View Poll Results: How many carbs do you eat per day?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm VLC baby! 0 - 50gs carbs

32 22.70%
  • 50gs - 150gs: Mark's cut off point for normal folk.

86 60.99%
  • 150gs - 300gs.

19 13.48%
  • More than 300gs. (Are your sources still real foods?)

4 2.84%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your carb consumption? page 2

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Often more than 300g. Depends on the day.

Yes, from whole food sources. Current favourite (a side to my meat or as a dessert) is sweet potatoes covered in honey and cinnamon.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Paging Capt. Carbohydrate. Or was it Sgt. Sugar?
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    50-150 for sure. It actually takes effort for me to go outside of that range (in either direction).
    That's right.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    200-300g/day and lose weight on that range even with insulin resistance and estrogen dominance. I eat fruit, rice, potatoes, nixtamalized corn, millet, tapioca, chocolate, sugar, honey, ice cream, juice, and all things PHD and Peat. Fat breakdown: I aim for 50% or more saturated, 25% or greater MUFA, 25% or less PUFA. Just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?
    WEIGH THINGS? What an insane concept for a bunch of people on a diet forum...

Just do what canio6 suggests and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes. Then you are supposed to feel badly if you go even .0001% over certain macros. After that you are supposed to come here and say how badly bloated you feel because you ate 1g more of sweet potato than you "should" and ask how everyone deals with the huge sugar binge you are currently involved in because of said 1g of sweet potato. After that you post again telling everyone how primal doesn't work and how you are becoming a vegan because meat is the real problem and the source of your 100 year old battle against food.

Oh, I'm in the 150 - 300gs, for sure. I eat loads of fruit and rice, and only have meat once a day.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    WEIGH THINGS? What an insane concept for a bunch of people on a diet forum...

Just do what canio6 suggests and you'll be fine.

Oh, I'm in the 150 - 300gs, for sure. I eat loads of fruit and rice, and only have meat once a day.

Honestly, I was being a bit snarky but it seems to me that far too often people worry and obsess so much over the 3 macros that they overload on the 4th macro - stress - and f*ck everything up.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Honestly, I was being a bit snarky but it seems to me that far too often people worry and obsess so much over the 3 macros that they overload on the 4th macro - stress - and f*ck everything up.
    I totally agree.

But your post was funny - I wanted to retort but I couldn't better it
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    some days I eat ZC, other times I can eat around 200g/day (if I'm having rice and/or potatoes and/or a lot of fruit for some reason, these are estimated numbers) so I think I probably average about 50g/day.

I have tried cycling it around lifts, but I much prefer this more natural approach. I don't enjoy planning food ahead too much in this way ie: I like to always have good food to cook, but I don't like thinking "I need to eat potatoes because I'm lifting today" if that day I don't feel like eating potatoes, I don't force myself to. I also train almost daily so to me everyday is some sort of lifting day. I want to up my carbs after a month of strict grain-free eating (I'm on day 4...) because I have some bloating and straight up fat to get rid of. I think VLC is necessary for me right now and when I get leaner I'll introduce more carbs I think.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I mostly stay under 150 but sometimes I go over but usually its just shy of 100. I did an n=1 experiment where I allowed myself to eat all the fruit and sweet potatoes I wanted and I found that I just like them too much; I over ate them- I gained weight. I can't "free feed" fruit and potatoes and intuitively maintain my weight like some people luckily seem to be able to do. I have to cap it at like 3 servings total a day or I keep eating them.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

dcarroll_19 is online now Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Because I am new to the primal lifestyle, I have been keeping track of my carbs. I usually stay under 100 grams but have had a couple of days over by less than 10 grams. My highest weight was 198lbs on a small framed 5'8" male. In the past 3 weeks of primal living, I have lost 12 lbs. Prior to that, it took me 3 months to lose 12lbs, exercising daily (CW). I am a believer in staying under 100 grams. I hope to start a journal soon with pictures.

Sent from my XT901 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast