Thread: Tired, after being sick page

mbtwos is offline Member

Tired, after being sick

I went through the winter without getting the usual flu or colds. I was surprised when I did get sick. I got a cold which turned into a throat infection. But it was nice that I didn't need anitbiotics to get rid of it. My body took care of the infection in about 5 days time.

Alas, I have been very tired ever since. I have no motivation to get up and move or exercise. I would rather just rest. Also, the cough that accompanied the cold is still lingering. This started about a month ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    See a doctor. You probably have bronchitis.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

mbtwos is offline Member
    Thanks, I've been feeling so good since going primal Sept 2012.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Neither lingering coughs nor fatigue are uncommon coming off of an infection, but if you juuuuuuuust can't quite shake it, even after extra rest and extra super-nutritious foods, seeing a doc you like for a quick look-see isn't a bad idea, you know. You aren't a kid, but I have been surprised time and again by stuff that didn't look bad to me that turned out nasty, and also by stuff I surely thought would earn a prescription that only got a "more rest, you check out" from our doc, in regard to myself and my kiddos.

Hope you fell 100% soon!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just because the coffee is bulletproof, doesn't mean we are. Its nice to know that modern health care is there when we need it.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes