Thread: Ulta convenient low carb primal diet page

wiggles92 is offline Junior Member

Ulta convenient low carb primal diet

Shop Now
    I have been trying to formulate the most convenient, cheapest low carb primal diet, which covers the most important nutritional needs of the human. I'm not interested in people posting stuff about 'well you should just eat a variety of foods' and then list all the various great foods that could be incorporated for maximum health benefits. As simple and time/cost effective as possible is what interests me. Here is what I came up with-

Fats, Proteins and animal based nutrients-

Eggs
    Butter/Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
    Bacon/Sausage/Beef Burger (with no extra fillers)
    High grade dark chocolate
    Tinned tuna
    Cheese
    Offal

Fibre and all the other necessary minerals vits etc. etc.-

Blended frozen raw spinach & berries smoothies
    Big bags of mixed raw nuts

and cups of instant coffee with coconut milk.

To me that seems to satisfy all the nutritional needs. It's also probably the cheapest way to do so, as far as I can tell (I'm currently a skint student with a messy kitchen and not enough time). All you need is a frying pan and a blender.

Also to note- from the research I have done I can't really see any point in carbohydrates. They serve a purpose as a vessel for some good nutrients, but the actually carbs don't seem to offer anything. So as I said low carb, nutrient dense and cheap is the order of the day here.

Feel free to pick holes in the ultra basic diet, that's the point of this post after all.

Paleobird Guest
    I might replace the tuna with another fish such as sardines or mackerel that is lower on the food chain and therefor lower in mercury. Otherwise, looks good. I totally agree with you about carbs just taking up space on the plate.

Spinach can be high in oxalates which binds up other nutrients. I use sea veggies in my mainly carnivorous diet instead.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76160.html

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Interesting idea, to streamline it like this.
    My thoughts:
    High grade dark chocolate is probably on the expensive and nutritionally low side. Good cheese is pricey too around here. I would minimize tinned anything; cooking a bit of fish is one of the easiest things to do, just like burger really, and less expensive than tinned. Plus you can throw in some garlic, onion, herbs. And what's easier than salad? Not expensive or a carb bomb.

As for "nutritionally complete"... I don't think I'd want to rely on a diet without more veggies and fruits.
    Last edited by Tom B-D; 06-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I might replace the tuna with another fish such as sardines or mackerel that is lower on the food chain and therefor lower in mercury. Otherwise, looks good. I totally agree with you about carbs just taking up space on the plate.

Spinach can be high in oxalates which binds up other nutrients. I use sea veggies in my mainly carnivorous diet instead.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76160.html

I agree about this. There was a post on the Bulletproof Executive site recently about raw kale smoothies. It was long and went into probably to much detail, but the basic point is that you might want to cook greens like kale or spinach if you are going to eat them.