Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorbags Corner; not for the faint-hearted... page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Gorbags Corner; not for the faint-hearted...

Primal Fuel
    'Do you keep a journal?' So I make my first entry to-day." H.D. Thoreau

Welcome to my corner of Marks Daily Apple!

Not a bad Idea really, keeping a personal journal about eating, primal living, dieting, training and whatever comes to my mind! So, why have I not done this before? Laziness probably and why create a public journal where everybody can discover my “secrets” misuse them and make fun of me? Alright, I have written enough in other threads so the damage has already happened, so I’ll better keep more of it in one place hereafter!

Some information about myself: male, 50 years of age, living 200 yards from the Pacific Ocean in the “middle-of-the-world”, Ecuador, South America. English is not my primary language, so there may be lots of “flaws” in grammar here and there, since I skulked too many of the English language classes as a youth! And beware; some of my postings are not for the “faint-hearted”, since I am often sarcastic, ironic, or joking, especially when I am trying to make a point – but I am never trolling or arguing against better knowledge.

My number one interest in life is chasing the good feeling – so if a training protocol or a diet does make me feel crappy, then I’ll turn around and adjust some of the parameters! Time spent by working out should make us feel immediately refreshed and not crappy. Number two and a “derivate” of feeling good is the search for a good health. And third, looking good the least important as such, but most people will look good if they generally feel good and are healthy, so my interests are interrelated here.

My bodyweight at the moment is around 215 pound, and I reached my max body weight EVER at the end of 2011 at 246 pound after letting myself go for some years, so in the beginning of 2012 I started dieting down, using various tools like low carbs dieting, cyclical ketonic dieting with carb loading, and for a month I did an egg and potatoes diet which was basically a cyclical ketonic diet and I finally got down to 198 pound with some muscle loss in the end of 2012, and since then I have rebounded up to around 215 pound where I am now. My body-composition is better now though, than when I was at the same weight in the autumn of 2012, so I obviously must have some muscle gains along the way.

This is how my torso look today - hoorah! - I can still see my abs after gaining so much weigth lately:

DSC02611.jpg

So, then I made my first entry of this Journal…

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hola Gorbag! Betcha you never thought your first poster would be me, did you?! We'll see what comes from your virtual pen in the coming days...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I will follow with interest. You are an unusual character.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Zach is offline Banned
    So what will you be journaling about, exactly? Any fitness goals? Looking good, especially for 50!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Also looking forward to your perspective when just given free range to write what you will. You are what 50 is supposed to look like - well except for all those pretty muscles. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    ~ SWOON ~

MDA is now complete Looking forward to learning more about the enigma that is Gorbag!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Welcome on board the journal bandwagon! You only started it so you can post another pix of yourself so everyone can tell you how good you look, didn't you?!

This should be interesting!

Thank you for welcoming me Crabcakes, aliphian, Zach, JoanieL, YogaBare, diene!

Warning to all readers: Do not expect too much from this Journal, it’s not intended to be a strict fitness Journal at all, more like a mental trashcan where I am going to dump some stuff when my brain-fog lightens up a little.

Zach; Exactly everything that comes to my mind, and I am not even sure that I have much fitness goals either… Possible long term fitness goal; Dying at the age of 109 when doing hill-sprints or making love to an 80 years younger secretary in my office! Short term fitness goal is more difficult though – but I am kind of an endorphin junkie, so I get a kick from working out, so just doing the workout is a goal-in-itself for me, and it also gives relief from stress, and eating all those tasty 4500 calories post-workout is fun also! Right now I am going to test if I can survive the Old School 6 days a week double split routine for the next six weeks, doing between 60 and 80 set per day with minimal rest and work-outs around two hours!

But if I don’t survive these grueling workouts remember that Gorbag died with his gym shoes on, and that I want this music played in my virtual funeral:

And also to be played some “traditional” music from my own country:

Last edited by Gorbag; 06-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

A somehow bizarre experience from the gym today. I went a bit late so the gym was pretty crowded and did heavy leg-press, heavy for me at least, using around 900 pound, and a good looking lady, some 25 years of age put a matrass under the seat of the leg-press machine and started doing lying leg raises when I used the equipment! When she lifted her legs she stopped around 5 cm from the back of my head, and she had her head right under my butt holding her hands in the same handles that I used, so when changing grip I touched her hands a few times. Very strange, never experienced somebody doing that before, and dangerous also, if she had hit my head I might have lost my concentration and been crushed under those 900 pounds...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 06-08-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast