Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorbags Corner; not for the faint-hearted... page 4

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Hi, YogaBare; yes do the basic's; Get fast acting carbs (glucose!, not sucrose or fructose), sodium, enough liquids, and B-vitamins within the first hour of your workout and one hour after, before going over to starches. B-vitamins work to metabolize the glucose and is very, very important in my experience. I have found from my own “research” that B-vitamins are the only vitamins that I really need to supplement, but they do not work alone by themselves, you must get enough fast acting carbs to recover well! (Personally I use a glucosesyrup with B-complex, and also brewers yeast post-workout). Some people cannot assimilate or get enough vitamin B, since you need to refill them throughout the day when being very active and those people could inject B-complex once or twice a week.

Of course you also need enough sleep and as little stress as possible, but if you get the basics above, everything will become much easier!

This week I have done six workouts in the gym, averaging around 60- 70 set and two hours per session. I have also done seven cardio sessions around one hour in the early morning. And I have no problems by getting enough recovery, and I feel close to fantastic by doing what I am doing! But I also know very well the feeling of not getting enough recovery, but for me it works very well right now…
    Thanks so much for the tips! I'll try implementing all that. I'm actually avoiding starches these days, but maybe honey would suffice? Also, what form of brewer's yeast do you use (powered / tablets)? I remember you attributed your glowing skin to that
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Yep, like the old stuff. Roger waters for me, pros and cons, radio kaos, ect. Have you tried him?
    I am familiar with some of the Radio Kaos, and yes Roger Waters is one of the greatest musicians of our time:

Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks so much for the tips! I'll try implementing all that. I'm actually avoiding starches these days, but maybe honey would suffice? Also, what form of brewer's yeast do you use (powered / tablets)? I remember you attributed your glowing skin to that
    How much starches you need depends on activity level and honey cannot replace them unfortunately. If you are dieting down and in a calorie deficit and low on carbs, you will not recover that well, especially if you are doing high intensity training. But too much carbs can be bad also and make you sluggish or give a "carb hangover" the day after, so it is important to find the individual balance here.

I prefer powdered brewers yeast, but if in a hurry I use tablets as well! One scoop or 25 gram per day is excellent, but I sometimes use the double of that! Lots of B-vitamins in brewers yeast and a very good amino acid profile too!
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

How much starches you need depends on activity level and honey cannot replace them unfortunately. If you are dieting down and in a calorie deficit and low on carbs, you will not recover that well, especially if you are doing high intensity training. But too much carbs can be bad also and make you sluggish or give a "carb hangover" the day after, so it is important to find the individual balance here.

I prefer powdered brewers yeast, but if in a hurry I use tablets as well! One scoop or 25 gram per day is excellent, but I sometimes use the double of that! Lots of B-vitamins in brewers yeast and a very good amino acid profile too!
    Thanks Gorbag! I'm not remotely low carb - just get my carbs mostly from fruit and dairy...

Now I'm totally sold on Brewer's yeast - going to order Yet another sup...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks Gorbag! I'm not remotely low carb - just get my carbs mostly from fruit and dairy...

Now I'm totally sold on Brewer's yeast - going to order Yet another sup...
    Brewers yeast is one of the very few supplement that is really worth to bother about, but it tastes very bad though, just saying...
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    With the Brewer's yeast, I'd recommend buying Lewis Labs and not any cheap brand. When I used it for helping blood sugar levels for acne, all the Paleo peeps recommended only Lewis labs with some good reasons. (cavegirleats.com balancedbites.com) has the info! It's not cheap though.

Brewers yeast is one of the very few supplement that is really worth to bother about, but it tastes very bad though, just saying...
    LOL. I'll add it to Nutella

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    With the Brewer's yeast, I'd recommend buying Lewis Labs and not any cheap brand. When I used it for helping blood sugar levels for acne, all the Paleo peeps recommended only Lewis labs with some good reasons. (cavegirleats.com balancedbites.com) has the info! It's not cheap though.
    Cheers Ns! I'll look into that.

- Ray Peat

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Thank for the videos. Good stuff.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Gorbag, you are a machine. Your workout schedule is k-razy!!

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Gorbag, you are a machine. Your workout schedule is k-razy!!
    Hehe, yes I am a bit crazy, maybe, but I very much love what I am doing right now! I do not expect doing such a high volume for ever though, I cycle intensity and volume, and at this time I am ramping up the volume, and I feel very good by doing so...
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast