Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorbags Corner; not for the faint-hearted... page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sitting in my bunker here behind my wall! Sundays are very nice, my office assistants are not working today, so peace and quiet everywhere! I am not practicing much judo anymore, but it still happens that I watch a few videos from this amazing martial art:

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    A somehow bizarre experience from the gym today. I went a bit late so the gym was pretty crowded and did heavy leg-press, heavy for me at least, using around 900 pound, and a good looking lady, some 25 years of age put a matrass under the seat of the leg-press machine and started doing lying leg raises when I used the equipment! When she lifted her legs she stopped around 5 cm from the back of my head, and she had her head right under my butt holding her hands in the same handles that I used, so when changing grip I touched her hands a few times. Very strange, never experienced somebody doing that before, and dangerous also, if she had hit my head I might have lost my concentration and been crushed under those 900 pounds...
    Hi Gorbag!

Ummm... yeah that's strange! Did she say anything to you or just act like you weren't there? Maybe she wanted you to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Hi Gorbag!

Ummm... yeah that's strange! Did she say anything to you or just act like you weren't there? Maybe she wanted you to talk to her.
    She said nothing, just put the matrass under the seat and started her exercise when I was already lifting. I am very little sosial in the gym since I am always very focused on lifting and try to shorten the rest time between sets, so I only nodded to her. Very glad that she did not hit me hard in my head though...

I mentioned above that I have started training a double split, 6 days a week routine for the last two weeks, and here is how I train: I alternate between four different routines, two for each body parts that I rotate, so “routine 1 for Monday, routine 2 for Tuesday, routine 3 for Wednesday, Routine 4 for Thursday, routine 1 for Friday and routine 2 for Saturday, (Sunday off) routine 3 for Monday etc.

Nothing is set in stone here, I often changes thing up intra-workout depending on how I feel or whether the machines are occupied etc. I always start doings some core exercises for warm-ups on every session. No pause intra supersets, but around 30 - 45 seconds between supersets. I will take days OFF when necessary and I have now stayed on this system for two full weeks and I took last Saturday OFF, so I have done 12 days so far.

The Gorbag split routine:

Warm-up for core:
    I always start the workouts with a core warm-up; 6 sets, normally around 15 - 25 reps, and I chose two exercises that I do for 3 sets each. I cycle the following exercises due to how I feel or what I am going to do in the workout: Hanging leg raises, weighted decline sit-ups, crunches on pulley, reverse crunches on pulley, side bends, hyper extensions, reverse hyper extensions and barbell good morning.

Routine 1
    Target: chest/upper back, legs/calves

Guillotine bench press 5 X 10/8/8/6/6 in superset with Chest supported rows 5 X 10/10/10/10/15
    Pull-ups 5 X 12 in superset with decline dumbbell press 5 X 10
    Dumbbell pullover 5 X 15 in superset with sitting cable rows 5 X 15
    Cable cross-over 5 X 15 -20 in SS with rope pull-downs w/stiff arms 5 X (10/8/8/8) = 4 giant-set of 36 reps.
    Leg extensions 5 X 15 in superset with lying leg curl 5 X 15
    Leg-press 5 X (15/12/10) = 5 tri-set of 37 reps
    Heel raises on leg-press machine 3 X (15/12/10/8) = 3 giant-set of 36 reps

Routine 2
    Target: deltoids/biceps/triceps/forearms

Face pulls with a rope: 4 X (8/8/8/6), = 4 giant-sets of 30 reps in each, in super-set with “rotator cuff side-twists” 4 X 10 on each shoulder.
    Barbell press behind neck 4 X 10/8/6/6
    Dumbbell laterals 5 X 10/10/10/8/8 in superset with upright barbell rowing(vide grip): 5 X 10
    Standing barbell curl 4 X 8 in superset with French press on an incline 4 X 10
    Standing dumbbell curls 4 X 16 in superset with dips on a machine 4 X 15
    Rope triceps cable extensions 4 X 12 in superset with cable curl 4 X12
    EZ curls, partials top range only 3 X 12 in superset with dips on bench 3 X (30/15/10) = 3 giant sets of 55 reps in each.
    Barbell wrist curls 4 X 12 -15 in superset with cable reverse wrist flexion’s 4 X 12.
    Heel lowering on machine (eccentric stretching only)

Routine 3
    Target: chest/upper back, legs/calves

Reverse machine hack lift 5 X 12 in superset with stiff legged good morning 5 X 15
    Machine hack-lift 4 X (12/12/12/12) = 4 giant-set of 48 reps
    Decline bench press 5 X 10/8/8/6/6 in superset with Pull-down to front 5 X 12 - 15
    One arm dumbbell row 5 X 12 in superset with flat dumbbell flies 5 X 15
    Straight arm barbell pullover 5 X 15 in superset with sitting machine rows 5 X 12
    Incline dumbbell press 5 X 12 - 15 in superset with pull-downs w/stiff arms 5 X (10/8/8/8) = 4 giant-set of 36 reps.
    Standing heel raises on machine 3 X (15/12/10/8) = 3 giant-set of 46 reps.

Routine 4
    Target: deltoids/biceps/triceps/forearms

Close grip barbell bench press 4 X 8 in superset with hammer chin ups 4 X 12
    Preacher curls 3 X 18(same as “21”, only with 18 reps) in SS with dumbbell triceps extensions 3 X 12 - 15
    Dumbbell side curl on low incline 4 X 10 in superset with reverse cable press-down 4 X 12
    EZ curls, partials top range only 3 X 12 in superset with dips on bench 3 X (30/15/10) = 3 giant sets of around 55 reps in each.
    Face pulls with a rope: 4 X (8/8/8/6), = 4 giant-sets of 30 reps in each, in super-set with “rotator cuff side-twists” 4 X 10 on each shoulder.
    Arnold press 4 X 10/10/10/10 in superset with dumbbell laterals 4 X 10/10/10/10
    Dumbbell wrist curls 4 X 12 - 15 in superset with cable reverse wrist flexion’s 4 X 12.
    Heel lowering on machine (eccentric stretching only).

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    She said nothing, just put the matrass under the seat and started her exercise when I was already lifting. I am very little sosial in the gym since I am always very focused on lifting and try to shorten the rest time between sets, so I only nodded to her. Very glad that she did not hit me hard in my head though...
    She was probably hoping that you'd hit on her. Can't imagine why else she'd position herself so close to another person at the gym. I mean, unless there was literally no space available anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    She was probably hoping that you'd hit on her. Can't imagine why else she'd position herself so close to another person at the gym. I mean, unless there was literally no space available anywhere else.
    Maybe she used to do that exercise in that place when nobody used the machine, and on this occasion the gym was crowded and I used the leg-press? A strange place to do lying leg raises though...

I am now training two and a half hours per day, 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and almost two hours in the gym in the afternoon and I have done great so far! No symptoms of overtraining at all, I feel refreshed after the workouts and no joint pains. I have skipped deadlifts, heavy barbell rows and squats on this routine since their impact on lower back will dig too much into the CNS and recovery capacity and I eat A LOT to get enough calories, around 4500 per day, but without counting exactly. My body seems to getting more muscular and cut, and the weight is stable around 215 pounds.

Almost forgot about my new Journal, so it’s time to get some more music here! The amazing Icelandic songwriter and songbird Björk – without a subjective doubt the greatest thing to happen to music in the latest twenty years! I have known her music since her Sugarcube period in the eighties, but I rediscovered her true genius trough Youtube a few years ago. Here a couple of songs that I like from her:

Time for an update on my Journal again; for the second time I skipped the gym on Saturday, so the last two weeks I have been in the gym “only” 5 days a week, instead of 6 days as planned. The reason for taking off these days was not due to overreaching, more because of social events in my office. When I train I use different principles of progression, increasing load, improving form, decreasing rest periods, adding reps, etc. My body weight today is 218 pound and I seem to have the same amount of body fat, so apparently I am gaining muscle right now! My waist is the same as when I weighted below 200 pound, I measure that on my lifting belt! My diet is around 4500 primal calories per day, 600 gram of carbs, 300 gram of protein and 120 gram of fat.

I also train cardio in the morning at 6.30 AM every day, and a typical morning workout is between 45 minutes and an hour. I usually start with easy walking before warming up in a public stair; pyramiding ups the intensity for 8 X 30 seconds. The last part I run around 40 yards uphill above the stairs on a pavement. After this I sometimes do hill sprint on a road, depending on how I feel, but this I only do 2 or 3 times per week for 5 X 30 seconds, at least 90 % intensity. After finishing stairs/hill sprinting I go to the beach which is close to do “fartslek” running and walking in moderate tempo for 20 – 25 minutes. Occasionally I also dive in the Ocean.

Some people will argue that I am doing far too much volume, but remember that I am not a beginner and that I have worked up the volume and intensity progressively. I have left out the heaviest lifts, and I watch my diet very close, and I feel great on doing this, lots of endorphins that keep me happy! At least so far…

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Is fartslek when you accidentally let out little toots while clenching your butt cheeks as you walk quickly to the bathroom? There is a guy at my office who is really good at those.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast