Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I almost want to buy some cereal page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

I almost want to buy some cereal

Primal Fuel
    I saw these images on reddit. I'm amazed by this collection, actually. It's really kinda cool. Have you eaten any of these? I didn't know most of them even existed.
    Cereal - Imgur
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    nice. bill and ted's excellent cereal. hilarious.

I buy cereal every once in a while. in fact, I have it on the shopping list for this weekend. some sort of organic high end gluten free granola. why not, ya know?
    Last edited by not on the rug; 06-06-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I saw these images on reddit. I'm amazed by this collection, actually. It's really kinda cool. Have you eaten any of these? I didn't know most of them even existed.
    Cereal - Imgur
    These images inspire nothing to me, as I grew up with fresh French baguettes and grass-fed butter. These colorful boxes were definitely not on our table at a time when most western kids had cereals. But the smell of a croissant in a French bakery still triggers some very nice memories ...

I find the boxes all kind of fascinating, actually. They are sort of beautiful in an artistic way. And they form an interesting cultural statement when you see them all at once like that in a collection. It becomes glaringly, horrifyingly obvious that this isn't food at all. Not to mention all the issues around marketing to children that become so obvious when it's all put together in a collection like that. Plus the one that looks like a "health food" but has chunks of chocolate makes me laugh. We were so gullible pre-primal, some of us anyway.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    If you didn't believe that big, ugly, multinational food companies exist, a box of Kellogg's (pick one, any one) in thirty different world languages should do the trick...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    It becomes glaringly, horrifyingly obvious that this isn't food at all. Not to mention all the issues around marketing to children that become so obvious when it's all put together in a collection like that.
    Those kiddie cereals with all the colors and shapes were one thing. Its when they started putting bits of chocolate in "healthy" Special K and "organic" cereals that I broke up with cereal for good.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I find the boxes all kind of fascinating, actually. They are sort of beautiful in an artistic way. And they form an interesting cultural statement when you see them all at once like that in a collection. It becomes glaringly, horrifyingly obvious that this isn't food at all. Not to mention all the issues around marketing to children that become so obvious when it's all put together in a collection like that. Plus the one that looks like a "health food" but has chunks of chocolate makes me laugh. We were so gullible pre-primal, some of us anyway.
    I understand that totally. I've purchased records where the vinyl wasn't in that great shape, but the artwork and inserts were damn near perfect. So, I can see how you might care more about the packaging than the innards.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Garbage

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Not food at all, but i suppose I can see art in the way they are arranged on the shelves.

However, my eyes just gloss over these types of supermarket displays now, looking for the real food.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The guy who collects them says he does not eat them. He keeps them mint in box. It's an actual collection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast