Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I almost want to buy some cereal page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I was introduced to Cracklin' Oat Bran by a mom of six way back to just before I had First - she said to start eating some as soon as I was allowed to eat solids after delivery, and absolutely not to forget copious amounts of water/watered juice, as the bran was going to expand. She said it made the first poo after a delivery SOOOO much easier.

Of course I believed her, as I had already heard my own mother's story of the First Postpartum Poo - she lied to the doctors that she had already made one, who then discharged her - and then my brilliant doctor-hating mom discovered the joys of serious constipation so soon after... I had no wish to sit on the pot howling 'cause I couldn't go and everything down there hurt anyway.

(Mom did tell me the moral of the story - Do. Not. Lie. To. Your. OB.)

So Cracklin' Oat Bran came with me to the LDR of each Crabblett.
    Oh that is really funny. I can't imagine that it actually worked, though. Any time I've eaten copious harsh fiber like that I've gotten completely stopped up.

Even though I never had children, I think I understand that first poo thing. The first time after my hysterectomy was horrible. Basically, all you can do is sit there and wait for it to fall out on its own. It's a looooonnnnngggg wait.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh that is really funny. I can't imagine that it actually worked, though. Any time I've eaten copious harsh fiber like that I've gotten completely stopped up.

Even though I never had children, I think I understand that first poo thing. The first time after my hysterectomy was horrible. Basically, all you can do is sit there and wait for it to fall out on its own. It's a looooonnnnngggg wait.
    I cannot stop giggling...! Never had a hysterectomy, but yup, same procedure.

The bran worked like a charm on me, tho. Made things ummm, "soft". Honest.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123