Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I almost want to buy some cereal page 2

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I saw these images on reddit. I'm amazed by this collection, actually. It's really kinda cool. Have you eaten any of these? I didn't know most of them even existed.
    Cereal - Imgur
    I saw Peanut Butter Toast Crunch in there! I've never seen THAT before! Cinnamon Toast Crunch used to be a dessert in my home...
    Last edited by Wildrose; 06-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    Mmmmmmm.....cereal, not so much, seeing that last pic makes me want to get out my SNES and Virtual Boy :-)

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I find the boxes all kind of fascinating, actually. They are sort of beautiful in an artistic way. And they form an interesting cultural statement when you see them all at once like that in a collection. It becomes glaringly, horrifyingly obvious that this isn't food at all. Not to mention all the issues around marketing to children that become so obvious when it's all put together in a collection like that. Plus the one that looks like a "health food" but has chunks of chocolate makes me laugh. We were so gullible pre-primal, some of us anyway.
    That is so true. And none of it tempts, me aside from the Peanut Butter Toast Crunch. If that were in my home it would vanish quickly, never to be seen again.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    In the original reddit thread that I read lots of people remarked that peanut butter toast crunch was amazing and they were really upset that it's not available anymore. Also the Oreo-Os. I've never had either one. The only sugary cereals I ever had were way back when I was a kid and you got either a Lucky Charms or a Sugar Corn Pops in the multi-pack of little individual serving boxes. Sugar Corn Pops were my favorite and sometimes my mom would buy them for me, but not often. Eventually my favorite cereal of all times became, oh now I can't remember the name, but they were oat bran, O-shaped and tasted like cookies and marketed as oat bran healthy cereal.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey sb - that wouldn't be Cracklin' Oat Bran, would it?

Since my family was dirt poor, Mom bought Cheerios and Shredded Wheat (the old one with the biiiiig sections of tumbleweed and no frosting). I thought everything else was for seriously special occasions! Of course I added probably a quarter cup of sugar to each bowl.

When I could buy my own stuff, I tried Captain Crunch and it was love at first bite. I gave up boxed cereal many, many years ago on my own, tho, while still CW, because I could literally eat almost an entire box for breakfast and not get full, but get sugar sick, and the experience set me back some serious food budget money! I switched to oatmeal and a brown cream of wheat, and one bowl set me for hours. And was waaaaaay cheaper.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sefton is offline Member
    Had my last bowl of cereal....Uncle Sam's brand, in September of 2012. For years my breakfast was that plus blue-berries or t steel cut oats with blueberries with one soft boiled egg.

azerious85 is offline Junior Member
    No Waffle Crisp WTF!!
    Primal Since May 2011

Starting Weight: 232lb
    Current Weight: 170lb

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

Chocolate Brownie Chex

1 box plain rice chex
    1 bar dark chocolate
    2 oz cocoa butter
    cocoa

Melt together chocolate and cocoa butter. Drizzle over the rice chex while stirring. Sift the cocoa over the top. Allow to set up in a cool place. Serve to sophisticated kids.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yes! Cracklin' Oat Bran. Man that stuff was good!

And Chex was good, too. I used to eat rice Chex for dinner often. Another favorite was Life.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I was introduced to Cracklin' Oat Bran by a mom of six way back to just before I had First - she said to start eating some as soon as I was allowed to eat solids after delivery, and absolutely not to forget copious amounts of water/watered juice, as the bran was going to expand. She said it made the first poo after a delivery SOOOO much easier.

Of course I believed her, as I had already heard my own mother's story of the First Postpartum Poo - she lied to the doctors that she had already made one, who then discharged her - and then my brilliant doctor-hating mom discovered the joys of serious constipation so soon after... I had no wish to sit on the pot howling 'cause I couldn't go and everything down there hurt anyway.

(Mom did tell me the moral of the story - Do. Not. Lie. To. Your. OB.)

So Cracklin' Oat Bran came with me to the LDR of each Crabblett.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast