Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Worst/Best foods if primal choices aren't available? page 5

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I remember in college, I bought a second mini fridge that I converted into a freezer so I could store frozen meats and vegetables... And then I also bought a steamer contraption so I could cook in my microwave. On top of that I also purchased a toaster oven, it worked amazingly well to roast fish and meat! I hid it under my bed and basically had a kitchen under my bed my freshman year of college - lol (the bed was high, so I could fit under my bed and cook away).... If only the dorm heads knew! I would have been kicked out.

As for Mexican restaurants, chicken/steak/fish fajitas are always good, just nix the tortillas, etc... You could always ask for extra romaine lettuce and wrap your fajitas up in it!

Cathartes is offline Member
    As long as you steer clear of gluten and industrial seed oils, you'll be okay.

Eggs and cheese make good staples (and even if the local grocery is sparse, it should have those). If you can get frozen veggies, those are easy to make in the microwave, and retain more nutrients than 5-day-old wilted 'fresh' produce.

Mexican food actually tends to be pretty primal; it's not like Taco Bell (which isn't really Mexican, and probably shouldn't count as 'food') Maybe you can google the town and check out the menus, and see if the grocery store has a website or reviews.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guy, now you are making me want to hit up my local Taquería.

M.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Thanks guy, now you are making me want to hit up my local Taquería.

M.
    Something something... dark side.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345