Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interpreting Blood Test Results page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that K is actually quite high for vlc with no supplements.
    are you eating lots of fish, spinach, avocado, high K foods? (K is an abbreviation for potassium)
    looking again at your blood profile your sodium, chloride, bicarb and urate were also towards the top of the scale, nowhere near worrisome levels but with the high K are enough to indicate you were probably a bit dehydrated before the blood test. drink a bit more water when fasting although don't drink gallons!- you're probably used to fasting now and don't drink as much as you don't need to use water to quell hunger.
    If you take minor dehydration as a factor everything is pretty perfect
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

dislegal is offline Junior Member
    Not eating a heap of those foods you mentioned, and also surprised if I was dehydrated before the blood test. Generally I'm drinking 3-4 litres of water spread out across the day.
    Thanks for your input so far

diene is offline Senior Member
    Everybody's TSH is better than mine. There really needs to be a crying face smiley icon.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Here are some basic descriptions of what the things mean on a CBC.

http://www.lef.org/pdf/2010_Blood_Test_CBC.pdf
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Thanks Jammies!

Sorry Branf6don, I'm not sure what you mean by that - I attached my readings which should include the date to my above posts...

timesup is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    I don't understand why you need help interpreting these, if youre actually after a pat on the back for a job well done I'll give you one because they are mainly 99.9% excellent.
    The 2 highlighted areas
    lymphocytosis; you may have had a mild infection such as a cold in the previous 4 weeks. ignore
    Potassium; is too high, remove or at least halve your supplements. you don't want it any higher
    other than this minor K issue its perfect
    The beginning of this reply seemed a little harsh...don't you think?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    We Americans would have to convert all those numbers to our units. That's too much work. Overall they look excellent.

You can google each one of those names and get tons of information. There is a ration of sodium - potassium and sodium to something else (forgotten) that should be maintained. Look for those balances first.

It's very odd that your doctor would tell you you're in excellent health and then tell you to change your diet. But most doctor's are illogical in the same way. You'd think, if he was really into science, he'd ask your advice as to diet.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Thanks Cryptocode.

PrimalCon New York
    I received results for another blood test that I had done Monday - 6 months after my first test (above). I've included the image below.

I had a different doctor this time, and although he was impressed with my results - he was very against my Ketogenic approach. He didn't elaborate why.

As expected, the lymphocytes went down this test - making it more likely that it was due to a flu/infection on my previous test.

With my potassium having dropped - I haven't changed anything specific that I'm aware of from 6 months ago that would have affected that.

Should I be celebrating, or what!? As an aside, it's now been 18 months since kicking off with the whole diet-change, and I just clicked over 45kg lost!

Health - Blood Test 131202.jpg
    Last edited by dislegal; 12-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12