Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is primal the "one true path"? page 2

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think that modern addictive foods have made dealing with eating so frustrating and overwhelming that handing over free will to an outside decider is a HUGE relief and a real solution. In every food-control community I have been in, there has been a segment that puts the outside decider on a pole and worships it. I've been there myself in the first community that helped me escape the addiction. So no, primal is not "the one true way", but thinking it is can be VERY HELPFUL given what we are up against.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal helped me find and eliminate foods that didn't work for me, and tweaked the quality of foods I was eating.

I've since backed off of the extreme micromanagement of what I can and cannot eat under the Primal Rules, and begun simply tracking my calories again -- I saw weight gain as well due to the gratuitous fats and lack of tracking calories. I'm not one of the "lucky ones" that gets satiated on high fat.

I did gain many health benefits so that part of Primal stays in the balance, but I now allow leeway for things that aren't considered Primal. I just eat food that I like and that agrees with me.

I eat Rice Krispies in the morning, real ice cream or popcorn when I feel like it, and normal peanut butter in my occasional protein shakes because -- to borrow a quote from some posters a few years ago -- "because 'F*ck you', that's why"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yes it is.
    +1 And Mark is a god. I know this because of all of the light beams that shine from his orifices.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +1 And Mark is a god. I know this because of all of the light beams that shine from his orifices.
    You two have just supplied my belly laugh for the day!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    If an overweight or obese person decides to "go Paleo" I can see them being overly strict with macros and/or calories or wanting to be 100% Paleo/Primal, whatever that is. At least for some time until they drop a good amount of weight. For healthy, lean and athletic person, not so much. Just make conscious choice to avoid highly processed foods and most of all - nasty oils and you'll be okay. Eat real food and keep physically active. No need to put a label on your lifestyle, as NOTR mentioned earlier.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Thats what attracted me to Primal...... Like a moth to the flame

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    In all seriousness the continued study of ancestral health, pre-historic and evolutionary science, and traditional diets of healthy populaitons will provide data that ultimately helps us to heal and manifest better health for the future. How you apply that data to your current circumstances and challenges are up to you.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    No.

Tao is the path.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Thats what attracted me to Primal...... Like a moth to the flame
    Stop already! Now my sides hurt!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Do yourself a favor: take a break from the forums for a few weeks. Someone on here is going to take issue with any food you can possibly name -- "too many carbs", "too much fiber", "too much pufa", "too much mufa", "it's Neolithic". If you try to please every camp, you'll end up eating, what... grass fed beef and coconut?

I eat foods that fall within the primal nutritional guidelines, but which are probably Neolithic -- that includes egg white protein powder and puffed rice cereal (I think the brand is Arrowhead Farms), both of which are perfectly harmless. I enjoy them, I feel good eating them. I'm not going to eschew them because they don't fit a strict label.

None of us get out alive -- do what makes you happy and healthy. Plus, a rice cake has what... 10g carbs, max? If that's your concern, don't worry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast