Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Primal Living's Strange Benefits

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    482

    Primal Living's Strange Benefits

    Mark just put up a post today about aging, and the comments were fascinating; people whose tintinnitus, creaky knees, poor hearing, arthritis and infertility issues cleared up after going primal. I was wondering, what has primal fixed for you? Or do you have a home remedy that worked better than conventional wisdom?

    I started using a tongue scraper before brushing my teeth, and my teeth stay clean so much longer. I'd swear the plaque is going away. Also cleared up those little bumps on the backs of my arms by using coconut oil as a moisturizer for about a month--and they never came back!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,208
    IBS for my wife. Although that was probably just going gf.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    541
    'Fraid my tinnitus is as loud as ever. Lost over 60lbs weight though.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    My joint pain is better. Unfortunately the knee that I hyper-extended 12 years ago still pops and cracks constantly.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    15
    I have arthritis in both knees (I'm 32!) that hasn't fully gone away with eating Primally, so I'm looking into following the AIP, & see how that goes. But I am terrified of going w/out coffee, & saddened about going w/out nuts & eggs... So I'm gonna put it off a few more days at least. But I'll let you know if it works!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfulsong21 View Post
    I have arthritis in both knees (I'm 32!) that hasn't fully gone away with eating Primally, so I'm looking into following the AIP, & see how that goes. But I am terrified of going w/out coffee, & saddened about going w/out nuts & eggs... So I'm gonna put it off a few more days at least. But I'll let you know if it works!
    have you tried cutting out just nightshades? worked for me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    have you tried cutting out just nightshades? worked for me.
    I've considered this because of a knee injury years ago. Then I realized that nightshades are the only vegetation that I eat.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    702
    I never had any issues before starting primal. I was overweight but otherwise healthy, or so I thought. Almost a year of being primal, I realize how much better I feel. I was sitting in a meeting the other day drinking my coffee blended with coconut oil and thought to myself "I feel really good". I have a happy calm type thing going on that I've never experienced before. Don't get worked up, stressed out, etc. as much anymore. It's nice

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I was sitting in a meeting the other day drinking my coffee blended with coconut oil and thought to myself "I feel really good". I have a happy calm type thing going on that I've never experienced before. Don't get worked up, stressed out, etc. as much anymore. It's nice
    I have had similar things happen. My mood has definitely improved.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    736
    Also see this thread, it's full of little inspirations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •