Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Living's Strange Benefits page 2

CaveBug is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Gurgly tummy after eating. I remember the very first time it happened too. I was 14 and baby sitting for the neighbors, they ordered us a pizza and after the kids went to bed I remember having a really gurgly stomach and excruciating pain in my left side just below my ribs that would build up and go away, build up and go away, for maybe 2 hours. I had no idea what it was and was super scary for a kid.

But it became normal, I couldn't eat if I knew I'd be sitting for a while, it would cause problems. All through high school it continued. I remember my stomach 'talking' so loudly that people could hear it. I say gurgly and talking but it was gas. I thought it was normal for the longest time but when I went primal it went away.

I kinda think I may be gluten intolerant but never bothered to get tested. Go primal.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I feel younger.

Instead of getting slower and creakier as I approach 49 I feel excited and happy.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Within days of changing to a primal diet my fibromyalgia pain and fatigue was gone! 10 years of misery GONE! Now after being primal for about 18 months, I'm down 26 pounds, my "adult acne" is gone, my skin and hair are silky smooth without moisturizer or conditioner, and I have lots more energy. I'm 53 - and the best years are ahead of me!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm 53 - and the best years are ahead of me!
    I love it!
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Erik W is offline Member
    Good topic. This is what I know from myself and from other people.

-Calm stomach. No gas ... if you know what I mean. Above the age of thirty this makes a noticeable difference.
    -No athlete's foot coming and going
    -Less or no blisters in the mouth
    -Skin rash reduced or gone

Overall I think it most or all people would get better skin without wheat. How many people don't have any skin problems, at least when they are aging? Stop eating wheat and the condition is very likely to improve. (And stop eating sugar, of course. Aside from the other negative effects, sugar causes wrinkles.)

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W View Post
    sugar causes wrinkles
    Really? Any evidence to back that up?
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Myra is offline Junior Member
    A pain that I would get along the back of my leg at knee height has not recurred since I went Paleo 23 months ago. That pain had been recurring since I was 3. Initially diagnosed as "growing pains," later diagnosed as "she doesn't want to go to school," and then "you'll outgrow it." After that I stopped asking and sucked it up. That was over 30 years ago.

Leaky pipes no longer leak. Although I still have scarring from the acne I've had most of my life, my skin is clearing. My teeth are whiter. Numerous GI issues that I used to have are gone. While at age 50 I was trying to wrap my head around accepting that my mind and body were on the decline, at 54 I am stronger, leaner and fitter than I was at 24 and look forward to continually challenging myself mentally and physically. My hairdresser recently complimented me about how thick and healthy my hair was. I use the cheapest hair products I can find. Grok on!

Sharon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfulsong21 View Post
    I have arthritis in both knees (I'm 32!) that hasn't fully gone away with eating Primally, so I'm looking into following the AIP, & see how that goes. But I am terrified of going w/out coffee, & saddened about going w/out nuts & eggs... So I'm gonna put it off a few more days at least. But I'll let you know if it works!
    have you tried cutting out just nightshades? worked for me.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I'll tell you when I know for sure.

I know last year it seemed to help my seasonal allergies and acne (my skin looked great!).

I haven't been back on the wagon long enough to see if it will do that same this time. But I'm also hoping it will help with digestive symptoms I've been having too.

It would also be great to have thicker hair again (it used to be super thick up through early high school and now it seems to get finer by the day). Heal some cavities so I don't have to get fillings. Improve or prevent mild SAD symptoms come winter. Reduced inflammation (esp. since I'm sure that contributes to my weight distribution).

I'm not too worried about weight loss, though I'm sure that will come too, I'm more worried about all these signs of inflammation that I want to bring under control. I'm too young to feel old.
    Last edited by OutdoorAmy; 07-14-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast