Thread: Dessert Dependent page

JMG Guest

Primal Fuel

I've gotten very accustomed to having something sweet after my last meal. However, now that I'm tightening up my diet I would like to conquer that need/habit.

Any advice?

Florian Guest

Make some almond butter or get chocolate with over 80% of cocoa if you really need it, but it won't help your diet if you want to tighten up. And if you eat dessert only eat a little after your workouts then at least you're gonne refuel your muscles.

maba is offline Senior Member

JMG, I was just like you pre-primal - I had to have something sweet after *every* meal, if the meal itself wasn't sweet. After going primal, fruit is enough to satisfy my sweet-tooth. Have some berries or low-sugar fruit on hand. My FAVORITE primal dessert is apple with almond butter - pure heaven!

goodfriendsam Guest

Go fruit.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Florian - the body can process fat, stored and dietary, into ketones which fuel the muscles just as well as glycogen.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

kjake55 Guest

Berries and cream do the trick for me that or a smoothie if I want more of an ice-cream like dessert.

Everything in moderation. I too am a sugar addict but have found a certain sense of pride and satisfaction on those nights I just don't have anything after dinner. Just as Grok evolved so shall we! Hang in there!

Peggy is offline Senior Member

I am still trying to get over my sugar cravings; sometimes fruit & such isn't enough. I know it isn't primal, but I have a stick of gum every now & then. Quitting bread cold turkey was easier

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Try this extremely tasty treat:

In a dish

Slice up strawberries

Add blueberries

Combine and melt in microwave or if the room is warm enough it should combine very well without heating:

1 TBS coconut butter (note, use butter not oil)

Add TBS unsweetened cocoa

stevia to taste

Add coconut butter mixture to berries, toss to coat. If the berries are cold, the mixture will harden, otherwise you can do what I do-- pop in the fridge for just a minute.

OMG I can't tell you how good this is.

Becks09 Guest

I like to snack some 85% chocolate, some nuts or a nice fruit-coconut milk-cream in the evening after dinner. Adds some calories, makes sure I wont go to bed hungry and taste really nice

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

@Ecala it does sound yummy! Will try soooooon! ^^