Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A week of groceries in pictures for 20 very different countries! page

froggie is offline Member

A week of groceries in pictures for 20 very different countries!

Primal Fuel
    Pretty interesting (and very very sad indeed):
    A Week of Groceries in Different Countries - Wall to Watch

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    I've seen that before. Very interesting. The Western countries have theist processed food.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    There is a book - "What the World Eats" by Faith D'Aluisio. Subtitled "25 Families. 21 Countries. 525 Meals." Really, really interesting. Interviews, pantry breakdown, costs, obesity stats, culture. Written for older elementary, early middle school, but no less interesting for that.

I have a copy from the library right in front of me.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I saw this a few weeks ago, but the article that I saw had more pictures of more families. There was a family with dead birds that still had feathers lying on the table. They looked the healthiest and had no processed food. Poor Chad, they only had grains and are probably lucky for that.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    The Chad and, I think, Mali people were in refuge camps done by the UN. It's been a while since I've seen the whole thing.

What surprises me is how little the Canadian family seems to have, but I guess it's because their kids are small.

M.

Cathartes is offline Member
    I'm pretty sure that I saw this in book form a few years ago, but it's still very interesting.

I think it would be interesting to do this all around the United States, in various regions, with various socio-economic classes--maybe if it was fifty or a hundred families. It would be so interesting, but also probably prohibitively expensive.

I also saw a series of pictures a year or two ago which were photos of the inside of people's refrigerators. Everything from jam-packed to a bottle of mustard and a jar of olives.

What we SHOULD do is have people on the forums take photos of the insides of their refrigerators and deep freezers! It would be a fantastic slide show--lots of 1/4 cows in the deep freezers.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I saw this in book form a few years ago, but it's still very interesting.

I think it would be interesting to do this all around the United States, in various regions, with various socio-economic classes--maybe if it was fifty or a hundred families. It would be so interesting, but also probably prohibitively expensive.

I also saw a series of pictures a year or two ago which were photos of the inside of people's refrigerators. Everything from jam-packed to a bottle of mustard and a jar of olives.

What we SHOULD do is have people on the forums take photos of the insides of their refrigerators and deep freezers! It would be a fantastic slide show--lots of 1/4 cows in the deep freezers.
    Not a half bad idea. Problem is that with freezers, you often don't know what you are looking at when standing at photo distance from your freezer. One package of meat looks like another at that distance.

Or how about a shopping trip photo? Lay out what you buy from grocery shopping for a pic.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    Not a half bad idea. Problem is that with freezers, you often don't know what you are looking at when standing at photo distance from your freezer. One package of meat looks like another at that distance.

Or how about a shopping trip photo? Lay out what you buy from grocery shopping for a pic.
    Shopping trip photos would be great. The primal version of the "haul" video! (the youtube genre wherin teenage girls make videos showing off the clothes and/or makeup they buy at the mall)

I'm always interested in what paleo folks in other countries can buy in grocery stores that I can't get as easily in the US...I'm jealous of the Australians and New Zealanders, who seem to have access to awesome meat.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I could give that a go; just need to buy a new camera charger and I'd be game.

My fridge, though, consists mostly of my roomate's crap right now. The only thing in there that's "mine" are some takeout rice containers I'm not eating.

M.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The less you have, the leaner you are, and it doesn't matter at all if it is meat or grains or vegetables... So, CW is right. Eat what you want, just less.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast