Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Cravings for Non-Primal Foods page

kathleen is offline Senior Member

Weird Cravings for Non-Primal Foods

Shop Now
    Okay, so this is weird. Lately, as in the past couple of days, I have been craving foods that I have not eaten for six months. I have not had any cravings until now, either!

Right now I am craving white bread with butter on it. WTF is going on? I have not had wheat products since December. Yesterday I was wanting a bologna and cheese sandwich with mayo on white bread. The day before that, one of those high-calorie blended iced coffee things with chocolate and whipped cream. Last week at the mall, a tuna sandwich from Subway. What is going on with me?

I would expect cravings to have occured very shortly after stopping the consumption of wheat, etc. but after six months?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Lynx33 is offline Member
    I notice the same cravings when I eat out more than usual. Last week I had pho 3 times (a vietnamese rice noodle soup with various cuts of beef in it). I've been getting cravings ever since. Just writing about it is giving me a craving..mmmm.

I get cravings for junk food if I get too hungry as well. I was tempted to go to mcdonalds a few weeks ago because I got super hungry at night and the food in my fridge didn't seem as appealing any more. I stuffed some chicken and an avocado in my mouth and the cravings went away.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Right now, garlic bread sounds nice. What the heck. I must be hungry, it is after lunch, and I have only eaten a salad today. Sure wish I would crave something like steak and eggs, though. This bread thing is weird.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Primalsaber is offline Member
    I feel you on that Subway tuna craving. That and their chocolate chip cookies

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I almost posted something like this yesterday, I was craving really crappy food, have been for a week. Thankfully I didn't break down and buy the spicy ramen noodles (I knew it would make me ill, I'm gluten intolerant), but I have eaten bologna, spicy Vienna Sausages, and pork rinds. What nutrient would be in these things that my body was craving?

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalsaber View Post
    I feel you on that Subway tuna craving. That and their chocolate chip cookies
    Working at Subway for years when I was in HS/college made me immune. Not even smelling the "fresh" baked bread gets me anymore. The tuna is just canned (well, a large version of the pouches) mixed with Kraft light mayo. Same with the seafood salad, it's just imitation krab and mayo.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    All of your cravings sound sodium- and fat-heavy. Try white rice or a white potato with a gob of butter and lots of salt along with your meat or cheese, etc. This might cure your cravings. Following up with some fruit, chocolate, or quality ice cream wouldn't be such a terrible idea, either. might as well cover your bases! Heh
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Do you supplement Magnesium? Deficiency is associated with carb cravings.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Do you supplement Magnesium? Deficiency is associated with carb cravings.
    You single out the white flour and sugar parts of the cravings, but overlook the keywords: butter, bologna, whipped CREAM, mayo, cheese, and tuna swimming in mayo ala Subway?! I don't see plain carb cravings here, I see predominantly fatty and salty foods. If she had said lollipops and cotton candy, I might think carbs, but not multiple fatty foods.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Khainag is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah, I would try eating some PB stuff and see if you still have any cravings...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast