Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Cravings for Non-Primal Foods page 2

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    You single out the white flour and sugar parts of the cravings, but overlook the keywords: butter, bologna, whipped CREAM, mayo, cheese, and tuna swimming in mayo ala Subway?! I don't see plain carb cravings here, I see predominantly fatty and salty foods. If she had said lollipops and cotton candy, I might think carbs, but not multiple fatty foods.
    Sandwich, sandwich and sweet coffee drink, sounds likes carb cravings to me. Otherwise, she would have gone for Primal salty, fatty yumminess, IMO.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sandwich, sandwich and sweet coffee drink, sounds likes carb cravings to me. Otherwise, she would have gone for Primal salty, fatty yumminess, IMO.
    Naa. That's the thing about cravings, your mind just associates sources of deliverance. I think the bread and coffee are just vehicles for the fat and salt. Someone craving carbs usually doesn't mention a dozen fats along with it. All of the things she mentioned are higher in fat than sugar.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Aw fuck yeah primal salty, fatty yumminess ©

Fuckin' love me some big boring salads drowned in butter to go along with my 3/4 butter 1/4 coffee buttffee
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Aw fuck yeah primal salty, fatty yumminess ©

Fuckin' love me some big boring salads drowned in butter to go along with my 3/4 butter 1/4 coffee buttffee
    Fat isn't always the answer, but when it is I don't think carbs should be indicted for being associated! People crave tasty delivery mechanisms because very few people outside of this forum want to lick a stick of butter or eat honey by the spoonful.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Fat isn't always the answer, but when it is I don't think carbs should be indicted for being associated! People crave tasty delivery mechanisms because very few people outside of this forum want to lick a stick of butter or eat honey by the spoonful.
    Yea, just, fat is usually the answer you'll get around here regardless. If, only I knew that when I was making all my mistakes throughout my life, that if I just threw a stick of butter at it... maybe I'd be a better person today.

Subway is low fat though, doncha know!?

Ever tried dunking a stick of butter in honey? Oh gawd.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yea, just, fat is usually the answer you'll get around here regardless. If, only I knew that when I was making all my mistakes throughout my life, that if I just threw a stick of butter at it... maybe I'd be a better person today.

Subway is low fat though, doncha know!?

Ever tried dunking a stick of butter in honey? Oh gawd.
    Yeah, I don't think fat is an issue even for SAD eaters. Types of fat, definitely! But SAD is by no means low fat. Even if people buy all the 0% dairy and chicken breast cooked with PAM, they can undo all of that effort in one restaurant meal during the week.

Never honey butter but I love sugar-sweetened butter (with cinnamon or strawberry) :P
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-05-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Damn tasty. New inspiration for a quick breakfast.
    nihil

Just honey butter?

Honey, butter, banana, nutella, sugar and cinnamon in some oatmeal. Should take like <5mins to prepare.
    nihil

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalsaber View Post
    I feel you on that Subway tuna craving. That and their chocolate chip cookies
    Or their Macadamia Cookies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast