Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Weird Cravings for Non-Primal Foods page 2

  1. #11
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    You single out the white flour and sugar parts of the cravings, but overlook the keywords: butter, bologna, whipped CREAM, mayo, cheese, and tuna swimming in mayo ala Subway?! I don't see plain carb cravings here, I see predominantly fatty and salty foods. If she had said lollipops and cotton candy, I might think carbs, but not multiple fatty foods.
    Sandwich, sandwich and sweet coffee drink, sounds likes carb cravings to me. Otherwise, she would have gone for Primal salty, fatty yumminess, IMO.

  2. #12
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sandwich, sandwich and sweet coffee drink, sounds likes carb cravings to me. Otherwise, she would have gone for Primal salty, fatty yumminess, IMO.
    Naa. That's the thing about cravings, your mind just associates sources of deliverance. I think the bread and coffee are just vehicles for the fat and salt. Someone craving carbs usually doesn't mention a dozen fats along with it. All of the things she mentioned are higher in fat than sugar.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  3. #13
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Aw fuck yeah primal salty, fatty yumminess ©

    Fuckin' love me some big boring salads drowned in butter to go along with my 3/4 butter 1/4 coffee buttffee
    nihil

  4. #14
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Aw fuck yeah primal salty, fatty yumminess ©

    Fuckin' love me some big boring salads drowned in butter to go along with my 3/4 butter 1/4 coffee buttffee
    Fat isn't always the answer, but when it is I don't think carbs should be indicted for being associated! People crave tasty delivery mechanisms because very few people outside of this forum want to lick a stick of butter or eat honey by the spoonful.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  5. #15
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Fat isn't always the answer, but when it is I don't think carbs should be indicted for being associated! People crave tasty delivery mechanisms because very few people outside of this forum want to lick a stick of butter or eat honey by the spoonful.
    Yea, just, fat is usually the answer you'll get around here regardless. If, only I knew that when I was making all my mistakes throughout my life, that if I just threw a stick of butter at it... maybe I'd be a better person today.

    Subway is low fat though, doncha know!?

    Ever tried dunking a stick of butter in honey? Oh gawd.
    nihil

  6. #16
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yea, just, fat is usually the answer you'll get around here regardless. If, only I knew that when I was making all my mistakes throughout my life, that if I just threw a stick of butter at it... maybe I'd be a better person today.

    Subway is low fat though, doncha know!?

    Ever tried dunking a stick of butter in honey? Oh gawd.
    Yeah, I don't think fat is an issue even for SAD eaters. Types of fat, definitely! But SAD is by no means low fat. Even if people buy all the 0% dairy and chicken breast cooked with PAM, they can undo all of that effort in one restaurant meal during the week.

    Never honey butter but I love sugar-sweetened butter (with cinnamon or strawberry) :P
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-05-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  7. #17
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Damn tasty. New inspiration for a quick breakfast.
    nihil

  8. #18
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,748
    Just honey butter?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  9. #19
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Honey, butter, banana, nutella, sugar and cinnamon in some oatmeal. Should take like <5mins to prepare.
    nihil

  10. #20
    Enilegna/hearts's Avatar
    Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    165
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalsaber View Post
    I feel you on that Subway tuna craving. That and their chocolate chip cookies
    Or their Macadamia Cookies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •