Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betty's Daily Eats page

betty74 is offline Senior Member

Betty's Daily Eats

I decided I will post my meals so you all can tell me when I am messing this up.

Breakfast:
    2 eggs, portabello mushroom, @1 oz goat cheese, 2 pieces of bacon- cooked the mushroom in 1 Tbs. coconut oil and bacon fat, coffee w/ heavy cream and liquid stevia---My stomach has been feeling "off" in the morning and during workout so I am going to stop the heavy cream and see what happens.
    16 oz water
    p90x- Chest, Shoulders, tri's and part of Ab Ripper X

After workout:
    Smoothie: 8 oz So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk, banana, protein powder, ice, diatomaceous earth and maca

Stomach still a little off so I took a nap

Late lunch:
    Seared Ahi Tuna and Asparagus, 16 oz water, mango

Dinner:
    5 oz pork roast (last of our homegrown piggies- on the hunt for another)
    lots of brussels sprouts cooked in coconut oil w/ 2 Tbs. pine nuts
    16 oz water

16 oz water
    @1/3 c. coconut milk mint chip ice cream

Might have had another 16 oz water, but can't remember

Nasno is offline Senior Member
    Without posting numbers and goals, its hard to tell where you stand, but your selection looks pretty darn tasty.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to lose, the mango and and ice cream may have to go. Also pine nuts have a very poor O3:O6 ratio.

Oh sorry, didn't think to list goals. I am 36 yrs. old, 5'5" and currently weigh about 146-148. My weight fluctuates daily. I was hanging around 148, but came down to 146 when I started PB last week and then gained it back on the weekend. According to the little pinch calipers my BF% is 21. I only pinch one site as I was just figuring it from doing the Chalean Extreme workouts and that's all it calls for. I loose inches much faster than weight and am pretty muscular. I would like to shred more fat, especially in my butt and thighs.

I am in month 2 of p90x right now also. I am doing the classic version.

Yesterday was my last mango. I don't usually eat them, but they were on sell at Costco and looked delicious. The ice cream is an occasional treat and I only eat a few bites. Not too worried about it, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

Didn't know that about pine nuts! I use them in my brussel sprouts because I love the texture difference and they just complement each other. Maybe I will try chopping almonds are something.

Anyone know it there is a better way to track homegrown meats. I use calorie king (download for my computer) and the stats are for store bought products. I know that homegrown is lower in fat and calories. Just curious!

Breakfast:
    coffee w/ So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk, stevia
    hot italian chicken sausage, 2 eggs, spinach

Plyo X 16 oz water
    After workout:
    smoothie: 1 c. SD coconut milk, 10 strawberries, DE, maca, ice and stevia

Lunch:
    5 oz homegrown pork roast, @2 c. broc w/ pat of butter
    16 oz water

Snack:
    Apple, few nut clusters, homegrown beef stick

Dinner:
    16 oz water
    Ahi tuna
    Spinach salad w/ blueberries, 5 strawberries, 1 oz goat cheese, 1/2 avocado, drizzle honey maple dressing

3.5 mile walk
    32 oz water

Breakfast:
    coffee w/ original So Delicious coconut milk
    2 eggs, 2 bacon, 8 oz water

Lunch:
    8 chicken meatballs, yellow squash and asparagus sauteed in coconut oil, 8 oz water

p90x Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper

After workout smoothie:
    8 oz original SD coconut milk, 13 frozen strawberries, protein powder, DE, and maca-- this was super thick from the strawberries so I ate it like ice cream.

Dinner:
    5 oz pork roast, tomato w/ 1 oz goat cheese and pesto basil, 8 oz water

Americana w/ White Choc Powder- not primal, but needed it for the cold baseball game.

Snack:
    beef jerk stick from butchers, few bites of Mint Chip coconut ice cream.

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Hey betty- have you taken measurements?! I notice huge weight fluctuations depending on water, excercise , time of the month etc (i really have no need to be weighing myself frequently but i cant help but sneak on it) . but i do notice a changing in body shape in terms of definition and shrinking ! Make sure you check that out so you can include it as "progress" !!
    Your diet looks pretty solid and your workouts too, keep up the good work!!

Evita-
    I do measure and also do pictures once a month. I have lost WAY more inches than weight. I know I should just stay off the scale, but it is an addiction. Guess it's better than alcohol or drugs!!! lol I think if I hadn't measured I would not have made it this far because the amount of weight lost with the effort I have put in would be beyond depressing.

This is probably way too much information, but has anyone noticed that they poop more often eating primal and the color is much darker? Sorry, but I am really curious if it is just me. I can happily say that my gas has diminished greatly.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    mmmm your meals are making me salivate

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL betty, my scale is like crack, I am horrible and yes I would not have chose this lifestyle if it were for how much the scale moves....the "CW" style is how numbers move for me. Thank god for inches
    Pooping is a funny thing, a lot of people are split, some get blocked up while others flow much more freely-but eventually it regulates out to something "normal" As long as it's not dark red or black tar, you should be good. If you look up poop on the boards, there are some great insights! Also google or search the " bristol stool scale" for some interesting info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast