Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low calories experience! page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I second the need to add an overfeed day every 3 to 5 days. That will actually speed up the weight loss. The most effective diet I have been on, restricted calories to <1000 cal level for 4 days of the week, at a low cal level additional day of the week (<1300) one massive overfeed day on plain starch (~ 3000 cals) and a normal day ~ 1600 cals. Since your athletic performance is not that huge, your overfeed day doesn't need to be that crazy. But overfeeding will prevent your body from hoarding and lowering ghrelin. So, I think once you feel like eating a lot, eat a lot.

Try to put some green veggies in, spinach, cucumbers, celery or go for organ meats.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

mina1788 is offline Junior Member
    That's a lot of eggs girl!

premier89 is offline Member
    Yea eating around 1,100 calories a day is easy for me since i'm eating a lot of fat/protein. I was just worried about metabolism/health

I'm a guy btw..and yea i can eggs every day for the rest of my life. Although i would like to eat them only for breakfast, i'm on a budget and need protein. Can't eat beef and chicken is too bland

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    chicken needn't be bland- get some spice on it
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Is what i'm doing safe for long term? As long as i refeed myself here and there?

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by premier89 View Post
    I'm a guy btw..and yea i can eggs every day for the rest of my life. Although i would like to eat them only for breakfast, i'm on a budget and need protein. Can't eat beef and chicken is too bland
    Chicken is bland if you bolt it down. Really nicely cooked chicken - I roast it and use coconut oil for basting then fry up the leftovers in more coconut oil to keep it moist - is a lovely flavour and certainly no more bland than cod. Don't forget the skin, which is the tastiest part.

The longer you eat unprocessed foods the more you'll find your sense of taste and smell returning/improving. I started cooking without salt a long time ago and don't add any to my food either. I enjoy the full flavours of everything I eat and carrots - which I used to think bland - are now incredibly sweet. Every mouthful is there to be savoured!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

I can't eat chicken skin because of omega 6 and acne. When i started eating primal, i ate a lot of chicken thighs for dinner and broke out like crazy. I think my body is really sensitive to omega3:6 ratio imbalance.
    Last edited by premier89; 06-06-2013 at 05:51 AM.

I'm assuming that what i'm doing is okay though? That's the main thing I want to know. Are the calories too low for long term? At least for the summer..

mina1788 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by premier89 View Post
    Sorry, dude

Eggs are the best! I had an 8 egg omelette and about 5 boiled eggs today! All egg whites though as I'm lifting weights and trying to lose fat. Eating very low fat, but it's working a charm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast