Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: today's the day - doing it from the other side of the pond page

englandlass is offline Member

today's the day - doing it from the other side of the pond

Shop Now
    So last night I made the decision after about 7 hours of research and reading other people's experience that maybe this could just be the thing for me. I am a diet company's dream - this year alone I've been on weightwatchers, slimming world and also had a stint at Insanity with Sean T! - but nothing is working.

Again I will throw myself into this with 2 feet and my fellow colleagues and friends will roll their eyes and say here she goes again, but this time I'm going to be accountable for my actions by posting my daily blog for all to see! even if it is just me that reads it - lets face it who is going to sit through all this waffle day in/day out!

so here I go - my very first eating journal - hopefully at 42 this is going to be my epiphany!!

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and a small handful of walnuts
    snack - banana, nectarine, satsuma (yes I know too much fruit probably but I have to get rid of it out of the fridge and cannot afford to chuck it away)
    lunch - tuna which I mixed with the natural layer of my activia yoghurt before you get to the fruit bits (again another thing I have to use up) which was mixed with red and yellow peppers and red onion. I also had 2 carrot sticks.
    I've been drinking hot water on its own for over a month now so I'm at least over the milk hurdle.

dinner - I've just eaten lamb and salad with a few sunflower and pumpkin seeds sprinkled over my salad. My only vice I had a knife spread of mint sauce as it just tastes horrible without any taste. Need to organise myself to make my own primal mint sauce - can anyone suggest how.

One positive I haven't felt hungry but then I have been very busy today so I will see tomorrow - not sure what to have for lunch tomorrow but I have some lamb left over so could eat that.

so all in all feeling quite good but its only 7pm and I stil have the rest of the evening to get through - this is my danger zone as I just run in and out of the cupboard all night - will report back tomorrow

Update it's now nearly 11pm and I've only had about 3 pistachios, 2 almonds and half a handful of sunflower seeds mixed with pumpkin seeds - not really felt like picking but also have been ironing so distracted
    Last edited by englandlass; 06-04-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome England Lass! Sounds like you are off to a good start. Experiment and see what works for you.

Someone is bound to tell you to throw out everything that isn't strict Primal. Some folks need that. I didn't.

Good luck on Primal!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Thank you for your good wishes - on second day now and seems to be ok just had the leftover lamb from last night- will write my blog again later as I think it will help me stay focussed. :-)

Sent from my ST18i using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

so here I am back on my second day - still winging it a bit as my book hadn't arrived until I got home from work. However started the day off with some greek yoghurt (not entirely sure if that's ok but someone had said they had some on a post so I guess it must be ok) - mixed half a teaspoon of manuka honey - a few almonds, a few brazils, a few cashews (when I say a few I do mean 2! as I know that I need to watch nut intake and a few sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
    I then had some fruit later on in the morning.

so

B greek yoghurt, manuka honey, nuts, seeds

snack - 2 raw carrots, satsuma, nectarine

lunch - left over lamb with a slither of mince sauce

snack - handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds

D - 3 egg omelette - mixed with skimmed milk, peppers, tiny bit of grated cheese and red onion

then as its my weigh in day and I always go crazy on a wednesday- I've had some dark chocolate and a few haribo!! - not very primal but back on it tomorrow.

I'm starting to be of the mindset that where I've been going wrong - apart from going crazy every wednesday is grains and white carbs. For I don't know how many years I've had porridge every day for breakfast and then if I've not had breakfast I've had toast! - it will be interesting to see whether cutting out grains has an effect.

just got to get through this evening without picking now then on to tomorrow again. Note to self - not really been hungry again today which has to be a positive thing and not feeling light headed which the Atkins Diet had made me feel. Fingers crossed an 80/20 approach will work....

I am now going to attempt to read the book to hopefully get more of an idea.
    Last edited by englandlass; 06-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

ldygeko is offline Member
    Hi, Englandlass! Wow, sounds like we have a lot in common, other than being on opposite sides of the pond! I am 43, and I have tried so many different "diets" that I'd spend all day typing up the list. I am on day 5 of my Primal Journey. Welcome to MDA, and I hope your journey goes well!
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa.

Thanks for your message keep in touch and let me know how it's going

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Evening! What you're eating looks pretty good (Admittedly brief read). I reckon you'll do just fine.

Thank you that's really good to know

leighlu is online now Member
    Lot in common with me as well, englandlass. 43 here and almost two years primal. Been on every diet twice, at least. Lol, been a few bumps but I have lost 103 pounds and feel amazing. Keep up the good work. It is so worth it.

Wow that's amazing well done what an incredible achievement. I really only need to lose about 20 or so pounds I can't get in many of the clothes in my closet which is really miserable but I refuse to buy more. I have dropped about 4 dress sizes in the last 8 year's but I've just stagnated now so need to try something new. Thank you for telling me your achievement that's really spurred me on

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, England Lass. You seem to have grasped the primal principles and having a good shot at applying them. I'm sure you will soon be noticing some real differences in the way you feel. By the way, have you taken your measurements yet? You may find they change real fast. From Annie Down Under, primal for almost 12 months.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast