Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: today's the day - doing it from the other side of the pond page 3

englandlass is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Today's food

B. Greek yoghurt with some nuts and seeds mixed with Manuka honey

Snack Clementine raw carrot large

L leftover chicken with salad fruit salad with strawberries, black berries, melon,kiwi

Snack banana worried too much fruit but I'm not really having babe food so will see if it works

Sent from my ST18i using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Why not have a regular salad with rocket, spinach and watercress rather than all of that sugary fruit?

Thanks maceyuk I totally get what you are saying it's really because I know I'm going to pick so having had the regular salad which I had at lunch time I'm then starting to want something else so I figured that the berries are ok and it was just a slice of melon chopped up with some kiwi which mark said was a good one to have I'm still learning and Rome wasn't built in a day and all that lol I just hope that something will have paid off and I can live my life like this as it seems ok not missed bread or cereals or crackers yet

Just had my dinner it was delicious gammon, roasted sweet potatoes, carrots and broccoli. However before I cooked I picked at some sweets from my little boy's treat box - I really do need to be more disciplined! - just hope I can stick at it I think I can if I can see results. I also now have to make sure I don't have aything else this evening otherwise any good that I've done is going to be undone.

We've also changed the weigh in day at work today to Friday, so I have a couple of extra days. Rackijng my brains to think what we can hve for dinner tomorrow
    Last edited by englandlass; 06-10-2013 at 09:54 AM.

This post comes with a government health warning!!!!!

So it's 1 week today since I adopted a primal way of eating (in the main) I would say I was feeling better but yesterday and first thing this morning I've had to run to the loo!! I'm hoping that it's not anything to do with anything apart from consuming a whole bar of Tesco finest dark chocolate 70% over the weekend. I seem to remember being a bit like this after indulging on green and black's Easter eggs one year- I think you are supposed to have a couple of squares as a treat over a period of days and unfortunately I don't have that restraint so I think I'll stay off that!!

I went on the scales and they seem a bit lighter but I won't know for sure until Friday as the scales at work are different to my home ones , fingers crossed though!

So today think I'm gonna have eggs for breakfast and Greek yoghurt and nuts for lunch. We are having salad and cod and baked potato for tea.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your first primal week. Well done.

Regarding the snacking, it looks like it's mostly all primal so it may not matter. But if you want to knock it on the head maybe you actually need to eat a bit more at meal times. Primal is not a diet, even though it will lead to weight loss when done right, but a way of eating. I fall into the grazing habit every so often myself, but feel I operate better with proper meals - usually breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.

Best wishes for week two, onward to a healthier you.

Don't place too much emphasis on the scales. Bodyweight fluctuates mostly due to water retention/loss. The mirror is your friend and so are your favourite jeans. I hardly ever weigh myself but I get a big kick out of buying and wearing 32 inch waist trousers.

Found this very well written article about temptation How to overcome temptation - by Dr. Stanley Bass

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and great advice I really appreciate it. I understand exactly what you are saying with regards to the scales as I have always been more concerned about whether my clothes feel looser than the odd pound here and there - however experience has shown me that the two tend to go hand in hand so I like to keep an eye on things plus we have a slimmer of the month here and they win all the diet sub money which is 40 so is also a good incentive lol - have also cut down on my fruit today I've noticed that I pick out of boredom when my little boy is in bed rather than because I'm hungry. This is something that has always been my problem forever so I need to know how to manage it thanks for the link the article I'll have a look at that later :-)

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    I usually snack on things like, Saucisson Sec, Celery/Carrots/Raddishes with Philadelphia Cream Cheese or a litttle bit of very mature Cheddar.

I'm not a big fan of nuts on their own, but I quite often have Greek Yoghurt (full fat) with Macadamias and Berries (Blue/Rasp/Straw)...hold the honey though. I generally try to keep a stock of berries in and I'll sometimes have them with Creme Fraiche too. Can be very rich and you're soon full. I'll have a banana every other day and smoother it in Almond Butter (from Sainsburys, or Amazon) which is a real treat for me, or at least it feels like it.

I'm a big weigher too, sometimes twice/day. Digital scales with Wi-Fi (withings) charts everything, and the only important thing is the trend, not the actual number. I can fluctuate quite easily 4lbs one way or the other and it's nothing to worry about.

Good tips I can offer. Cook a 1.5kg+ roast (pork leg/shoulder/loin - cheap, beef rib - expensive but yum) and use it over several days. I usually start by having some carved on the night served with roasted carrots, parsnips etc. Next day I'll have more carved, served on stir fried spring greens with some fine chopped onions, with a splash of gravy over it. Then after that I usually finish it off by making a Curry with the last bits and stir fry some cauliflower fake-rice...add turmeric for extra authenticity .

Easy meals, I do BlackFarmer (Morrisons, Co-Op) sausages (90% meat) and just make a salad out of a round lettuce, washed and shredded, with a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Can add all sorts into the salad. Tomatoes, peppers, pine nuts are good too. Eggs are obviously easy choice, throw a few lardons in for bacon scrambled eggs is very easy. I alternate eggs, yoghurt/fruit/macas and fasting all the time. I always have coffee though . I sometimes do a six egg and veg concoction and finish under the grill for a big fritata. Whip some air into the eggs for an extra rise and fluffiness. Sometimes I just make a big plate of veg, meat/fish and cheese. Last night had celery sticks, carrot sticks, radishes, cream cheese, saucisson sec, Cheddar, Comte Cheese, Cornichons, Tuna (in brine) mixed with olive oil/Creme Fraiche/Tabasco sauce/salt and pepper.

I've become quite proficient with fish too. I'm favouring serving pan fried fish on a bed of something. Current favourite is sauteed onions, mushrooms, sometimes bit of celery, always pine nuts and then finish with a dollop of Creme Fraiche off the heat. Takes 15 minutes max. Very rich and fills you up in no time.

I've become less hungry since going this way, about two months ago now. I hunger for nutrition rather than volume. I'm also based in the UK and it takes a bit of adjustment finding the right things. I'm quite adept at shopping now and I know what I'm shopping for and never struggle for ideas. Lost about 30lbs in 2 months which is also nice. Got a fair bit to go though, and I'm expecting it to slow down.

Keep it up and reach out for help whenever you feel like

Tim

Cheese is great if you aren't bothered by dairy foods and it's pretty much lactose free if you get mature cheddar. I often take a lump out of the fridge and scoff it down. I recently had a closer look at black farmer sausages and they contain soya protein....downer as I really like them as a gluten free brand. Waitrose just stopped doing haggis as well which has narrowed my breakfast options somewhat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast