Thread: Adenoid hypertrophy, allergic rhinitis, KP and food. page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Adenoid hypertrophy, allergic rhinitis, KP and food.

Shop Now
    My little niece has been snotty and sinusy with bright red cheeks pretty much since she was 6 months old. She just turned three, and was diagnosed with enlarged adenoids/adenoid hypertrophy, allergic rhinitis, and keratosis pillars.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these conditions (I'm sure they're all connected), and if so what protocols did you take to help yourself heal?

I told my sister to take her off dairy for a month to see if that helps. If it does, is there a way of determining if she has a lactose or casein allergy?

Thanks for your help!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My fiancÚ's oldest nephew had problems like that and they knew he was lactose intolerant. His diet was/is absolute garbage. He had his tonsils removed and his symptoms improved greatly, but I bet it would be even better if they were stricter about his dairy exposure and cut out gluten.

The only way to determine an allergy is to get testing done. Otherwise, you're just speculating. Speculating and doing a 30-day trial should be enough to show improvement, however. She should be taking allergy medication too, in case she has pollen allergies that are affecting her response.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My fiancÚ's oldest nephew had problems like that and they knew he was lactose intolerant. His diet was/is absolute garbage. He had his tonsils removed and his symptoms improved greatly, but I bet it would be even better if they were stricter about his dairy exposure and cut out gluten.

The only way to determine an allergy is to get testing done. Otherwise, you're just speculating. Speculating and doing a 30-day trial should be enough to show improvement, however. She should be taking allergy medication too, in case she has pollen allergies that are affecting her response.
    Thanks for the info NW!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat