Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who cares what this diet/lifestyle is called? Due to recent complaints... page 3

Gwynnda is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I've gotten to where, when people ask what I do to be in great shape, I just shrug and say "I dunno; don't eat crap food, lift some weights. It's not tricky."

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    What a great response Mr. Anthony because mainstream deems what we eat as "crap food". Bacon, fat, etc.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Except that its the people working in the front office.
    Yes and when they suggest margarine and statins I feel like saying, "Is that what you do?" Cos if it is it's obviously not working.

myzander is offline Junior Member
    The funny thing about people asking what your doing to lose weight or what your doing to look good, is the looks on their faces when you tell them the way you eat. Knowing very well that they are thinking you must be taking pills, or doing CW diet. They are never not prepared for the answer. Half the time they say "oh I need to try that but I just cant give up carbs" or " everything in moderation won't kill ya".. Well then why did you ask??? lol

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Fun moment, when out to lunch with someone and they ask what are you doing to lose weight, and you look down at their plate and then say, "I don't eat that anymore".
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    Except that its the people working in the front office.
    One of the recieptionists at my Dr. office is OBESE. I mean big and round type obese.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I am actually a fan of the label/name for the reason that there are a lot of things Paleo/Primal isn't and should never be, and as the nature of people is to tinker around with absolutely everything (necessary or not), I personally fear that this thing called Paleo/Primal may soon be stretched this way and that, at least in public perception, if not in practice, that it eventually means nothing anymore. The evolutionary angle did catch my interest.

In real life, though, sometimes we just use whatever alternatives we need to in order to get along, you know? I know I won't ever call this lifestyle by its given name to my dad - I will never hear the end of "did your doctor prescribe THAT or did you just decide to do that yourself (snicker).

But then, in general I am a fan of things being who and what they say they are, in a generally more narrow definition set, and not being ashamed to self-identify as such, and if they change, then find a new name for this new thing you are and leave the old name to those who stick with the original ways. My head just works that way. Hopefully that made sense - it is hard to explain.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    One of the recieptionists at my Dr. office is OBESE. I mean big and round type obese.
    There are two at my doctor's office. You would think that doctors would be one of the first employer groups that would adopt standing workstations.

Fatray is offline Junior Member
    I get the "you look so good, what are you doing"? I reference a few books and websites, then I get the call after they buy a few books asking me again "what are you doing"? Seams like everyone wants a leader!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't even think of it as Primal or Paleo anymore; it's just the way I eat. And if someone asks, I just say, "no grains, industrial oils, or legumes." If they seem genuinely interested, my basic answer is, "Take everything the government has told you is healthy for the last 40 years, and do the opposite."

Primal is a specific plan or philosophy conceived by a specific person. It's different from Paleo, and it's totally different from CW and SAD. I agree with Crabcakes that in order to get the word out there, it may be relaxed so much that it won't mean much in the future. "Make it part of your 20," is one way to include a whole lot more people. However, for someone like me who considers CAFO products to be not primal, there are a lot of people who shouldn't be adding anything else to their "20," or they'll pretty much just be eating low carb. Which is fine, but in my mind, it's not paleo or primal. But Primal isn't my invention/creation, so if Mark says it's Primal, then it is.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think of the way I eat as the "High nutrient density, low toxin" diet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast