Thread: Best place for organic meat and produce in Burnaby, Vancouver? page

rhiarti is offline Member

Best place for organic meat and produce in Burnaby, Vancouver?

Primal Fuel
    Hello! I've just moved to Vancouver from the UK, and am struggling to find a good local source of primal-friendly organic produce in the area.

So far Walmart and T&T seem our only walkable options, so any pointers would be very much appreciated! Also any tips for buying online (I know I've seen Mark mention US Wellness Meats, for instance?)

Thank you, in advance.
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiarti View Post
    Hello! I've just moved to Vancouver from the UK, and am struggling to find a good local source of primal-friendly organic produce in the area.

So far Walmart and T&T seem our only walkable options, so any pointers would be very much appreciated! Also any tips for buying online (I know I've seen Mark mention US Wellness Meats, for instance?)

Thank you, in advance.
    Edit for not reading properly... Not sure about the Canadian side...
    Last edited by ChaserBD04; 06-03-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Midnight reading.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Are you in Vancouver, BC? Consider crossing the Peace Arch to the US. I'm not even kidding, as soon as you cross the border you are in farmland, and farmer's market territory. Bellingham, WA does a farmer's market every Saturday and Sunday, with fresh local produce and meats, as well as arts and crafts for sale. There is also a Whatcom Farmer's Coop, a grocery store selling local foodstuffs year round, off of Fairhaven parkway in Bellingham. There is also one in Ferndale (which is closer to the border), and in Lynden (right on the border), I believe. There are also many small farms in the border town of Lynden, too; great place to go for apples, pumpkins, local honey, what-have-you.

How do I know all this? I used to live up there, near the border. Canadians would come down all the time for groceries. Goods are cheaper down here in the US, particularly meat and dairy, so I would consider it. That's about as local to you as my knowledge extends, though I am sure there are farmer's markets in BC as well.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Eatwild.com is where I found a local supplier for grass fed beef and pastured pork. As far as fruits and veg, there should be lots of farmer's markets around, especially this time of year. Joining a CSA might also be an option. Sorry I can't be more specific (live in Calgary), but Van is known to be a clean eater's paradise. Google is your friend!

Evilmom'sunite! is offline Junior Member
    I know of a couple places here in Richmond. Harold Steves has a farm here in Richmond that you can buy a 1/4 of a cow, and have it cut to order. There is another farm called W&A farms out by No. 8 Rd and Westminster Hwy, that not only can you get fairly decent organic meat, but can buy an entire cow for around $1400 CDN, and they will process to order. Hope that this helps. Unfortunately I don't know the name of Harold Steves farm, but I think you should find it fairly easy off the net.