Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very dry skin page

alleycat is offline Junior Member

Very dry skin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,

I've been living the primal lifestyle for about 6 months now and I'm loving it! I have great energy, I've lost some weight, and I'm feeling good! The only problem is my extremely dry skin. It's not a rash, but peeling become its so dry.

I've been researching and found it could be because of the accumulated toxins in my fat that are being released, candida, or because I'm not getting enough glucose. I've been putting coconut oil and baby oil on my skin to no avail :-(

Has anyone else has this problem? Should I introduce more "safe" carbs into my diet? Did a lotion or an oil work for you?

I really appreciate the responses. I don't want to stop eating this way but my skin's pretty disgusting :-(

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating enough fat and drinking enough water? That's what normally affects mine the most.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I believe so! Maybe I'll eat more fat. Thanks for your response

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Zinc and vitamin E are good for skin growth and repair.

Lots of primal foods have these in abundance: shellfish, meat, pepitas, for zinc and avocado, olive oil, all the nuts for vit E.

If you do need a zinc supplement, zinc piccolate is most easily absorbable I believe.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Liver. You're welcome.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Thanks, Mutton, for the response

kreyes is offline Junior Member
    Coconut oil works amazingly! I use it as a lotion after I shower right before bedtime!

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    You could try adding some gelatin to you diet.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Lotions and oils are good, but they are really just temporary fixes. They don't stop what's causing the dry skin, they just help the skin not be dry.

Carbs are not evil, though I don't know of them having an effect on skin. I would try more fats and oils; I know people who have had success with fish oil tablets, as well. Really, you gotta fix it from within, too, not just cover it up with lotions and oil. Try the fats/oils in your diet, and if that doesn't work I would maybe see someone about it. I also knew a person who had an issue where skin grew too fast, and thus had peely feet/hands.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Sharon is offline Member
    Coconut oil can be very drying to the skin for some people. Try using olive oil or some other oil of your choice.
    What do you use to clean your skin? Be as gentle as possible in that area. And be careful with the baby oil, they can have nasty ingredients. Gentle Dry brushing is good and avoid water as much as possible.
    But as Kathleen is saying, gotta look to working at it from the inside first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast