Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does coconut cream or ferm veggies cause bloating? page 2

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just took a look at FODMAP and if that is what I have it is no wonder I've been having serious bloating problems since stopping keto and adding in veggies...the ones I eat almost daily are on the list...in fact all of the high veggies are what I eat every day (onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, asparagus, garlic, kraut)...i add veggies to my vlc diet to see if that helped with the binging (which it did) but then I got the bloating...so now I have to eat on the low foodmaps and see if I can finally find some balance.

Sent from my PG06100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    One vote for each. I think that kathleen is right that coconut can cause digestive distress but it is usually of the trotting to the loo frequently variety if you eat a bunch of it when not used to it. Doesn't usually cause bloat that I have ever heard of.
    Fermented cabbage is asking for bloat, IMO. Fermentation gives of gasses that puff you up like a puffer fish, IME.
    At least for me, I find that bloating is an indication that I will need to trot to the loo within the next couple hours
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12