Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Primal Food Diary: one day at a time

Threaded View

Primal Food Diary: one day at a time

Hey all,

I'm starting this thread with the goal of keeping myself accountable for what I eat in a given day and am going to try to record for 30 days. Taking it one day at a time will sort of be a new concept for me, as I tend to jump in with both feet and fall off the wagon just as quick when I derail myself with a "bad" meal. Suggestions are welcomed, as are "You should consider"s if I'm missing a lot of a particular vitamin or mineral or starting to get too monochromatic with my diet

Thanks to everyone on the forum for being a source of inspiration and encouragement.

Breakfast: lemon water. A few bites of an asparagus omelette, which had been sautéed in Kerrygold butter. Coffee (still drinking about 16 oz of this per day). Vitamins (multi, calcium + magnesium, fish oil, vitamin c).

Lunch: BAS. Bibb lettuce, rare, spice-encrusted ahi tuna, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a vinaigrette made with olive oil, anchovy paste, herbs, and sherry vinegar.

Dinner: egg salad, I think, maybe over mustard greens. I am awash in greens and herbs, since visiting a nursery yesterday - am literally surrounding myself with healthy, growing food.

Generally feeling not great, after dinner at a crappy Mexican place with family. Overate and drank margaritas compulsively, I suspect as a coping mechanism to deal with new family dynamics (i.e. supportive and functional, versus the opposite). Passed out around 8:30 last night and woke up at 2:30. Prepped and cooked nutritious meals til 4:15, then slept til 7:30 and headed off to the day job. Feeling like I need to treat food like a mild addiction, and eliminate trigger foods/situations in which I habitually overeat (booze/going out to restaurants).
    Last edited by vintageeats; 06-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.