Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Food Diary: one day at a time page 2

vintageeats is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Well, the heart didn't go over so well - I think I had eaten too much of it during the week and one can definitely have too much organ meat. At least, I can. I sautéed the last of them in lard and tried to eat them over a salad. Got about three bites in and couldn't do it. Instead I ate half a kohlrabi and a half pint of raspberries. Jasmine green tea with raw honey to settle my stomach, which was acting funny.

We saw The Internship last night and I chose to partake in popcorn at the theatre. I LOVE MOVIE THEATRE POPCORN, especially if they have brewer's yeast to sprinkle on top. I figured a cup, maybe a cup and a half, wouldn't derail me completely - because I'm not about to derail myself. In the end, it was my choice and I'll probably choose to order a small popcorn when we see movies. I feel like it's a reasonable part of my 20%.

Today, I started my day munching kohlrabi on the way to work. Now I'll drink my coffee and venture out soon to find a fork in the cafeteria. Bacon and eggs for breakfast and lunch today, since I didn't end up cooking anything substantial yesterday. Pea tendrils. Working dinner out - salad with protein or protein with veggies, if they have a good special.

Working dinner out was probably not completely Primal, as the orange chipotle glaze on my meat was pretty sweet. I ended up ordering Berkshire pork, which got me excited - then sad when I saw that they'd cooked THE SHIT OUT OF IT. You don't cook the shit out of heritage pork. Gah. So that happened, and was accompanied by random bits of hardly-cooked apple, sugar snap peas and asparagus. All in all, an underwhelming experience (something I experience often when I go out to eat).

I was still hungry afterward, I suspect because of all the sugar in the glaze. A half wedge (probably a good 5 oz.) of cheese remedied that - not the best course of action, I recognize, but better than going out and blowing it all. I would've, though, had my boyfriend been in the mood for custard. Stupid sugar. It's really a trigger food. Went home and really contemplated eating - instead, randomly ate a cattail. It wasn't very good.

This morning, I had my lemon water and vitamins, now am having coffee at work. For breakfast and lunch, I'll eat kale, sautéed in bacon fat and a couple of strips of bacon and baked eggs (eggs nestled in ground meat that had been mixed with some pickled onions. Smells good, may or may not taste that way). Tonight, I'll probably eat out at another dinner meeting - except I'll ask more questions about the food prep.

Forgot to mention the pea tendrils. Been eating a lot of this at work, since it's portable. The sautéed kale will probably carry over into breakfast/lunch tomorrow. Full.

Biz din last night was good: started out with some kimchi'ied mussels with delicious Chinese sausage and bok choy. Next course was a deconstructed shredded beef bahn mi with pickled veggies over greens. Next came a bowl of watercress soup with bacon and probably cream to thicken it up. Last, we ate a pork trio - ribs, pulled pork, and huge pieces of lardon over a salad with green beans and regular beans (I didn't eat them). Somewhere in the food, my body sensed some kind of allergen - my nose got stuffy. But, all things considered, I think I ate well and pretty much "legally".

Today I forgot my breakfast and lunch at home, so I'll have to go to Chipotle or something Wish I could IF, but I'm already feeling a little sick from hunger. I am hosting an advisory meeting at my house tonight and have smoked chicken and salad as my part of the spread.

Been on edge lately and very tempted to go over my 20% with custard or something similar. I don't know if it's stress (my work load at the day job increased significantly, just when I wanted to start going down in hours to work more on the magazine) or that familiar urge to sabotage. I hope that after August I can let go of this second job and work on projects I really want to be working on. Have an exercise evaluation tomorrow - it'll be six weeks from when I basically failed my initial one. My scores were abysmal, which basically sent me straight into the gym. I'm sure my cardiovascular abilities will have improved significantly. We'll see where my weight and body fat percentage are - very curious about that.
    Last edited by vintageeats; 06-12-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Mom to the rescue! She's bringing some of the grassfed beef I slow-cooked for them and a salad for my lunch. Ah, the perks of being in one's home city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12