Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Mtn Primals???? page

Peggy is offline Senior Member

OK, we need to hook up too!

areas of interest: carcass sharing, get-togethers, exercising tips/help/ideas, hunting group(in the future?), and...

I know evil-O is out there in the Denver area & there should be others in the Metro area.

I am about an hour and a half away up in the mountains. So Of Course I am looking for Primal ski/tele/snowbd buddies (& that invite goes out to ALL in PB/MDA-land) as I live 3 miles from a major resort & I also cross-country a block from my house.

(Can you tell I love winter?)

I have found a good source for natural bison meat from Craig. Also, there is an outfit out of Ft Collins for smaller meats (fowls, lamb, goat) that I'm interested in (Grant Farms)

I would Love to get together for an Ultimate Game; hell yea! I started playing in the 70's, but haven't played in ages...

I work part-time in a restaurant & the owner is Very supportive of my primal decisions & it's a place one can dine-out primally no problem. He is even switching suppliers so as to get more, better meats. (Hey SerialSinner! he's promised me the heart if he gets an elk this year. ELK anticuchos!)

I am also interested in learning to hunt. Originally I wanted to go with a bow, as I have shot off & on for almost 30 yrs. But a friend convinced me that it is easier to get a more humane kill with a rifle. So I'd be starting from scratch in that area.

How about that coming from someone who was a vegetarian 6 months ago!

OK Rocky Mtn PBers, chime in.

evil_O Guest

Doesn't look like there are many of us out there! LOL

ARrrrrgghhh... evil, I KNOW there are more than you & me (& yer woman). I should start tagging people on Facebook.

I got a big freezer, but I can't fit half a bison in there! I Know someone else would like to share...

evil-o, where do you go to CrossFit? (I have some friends down that-a way that have the CrossFit Verve)

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I wish I was there with you, it's my dream to live in the mountains again! We lived in Flagstaff, AZ for 5 years, then had to move to OH...maybe we'll be able to join you in a few years

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Yay Suz!! & we have matching shoes :-) congrats, btw. We're in Winter Park, but go through Colo Spgs frequently. (have property in Yoder) We're hoping to be able to have some sort of stock (maybe next yr?) as there are 35 acres. It's just kinda crappy pasture. With Evil_o in Castle Rock, that puts us all primed for meeting. Yay!

If you guys wanna carcass share some bison, let me know. The rancher I've been getting my meat from is going to be away for a couple weeks (that gives me more time to get more of my SO's Korg food out of the freezer). If he quoted me right the first time I asked, it was about $4/lb cut up. No delivery charge as I said I would pick up when he was already here. That's $2 cheaper than "the Buffalo Guys". aw heck, it's a lot to throw down no matter what, so no big rush...

Hannah: you can definately be with us in Spirit!!!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

yay and Suz, I knew you were out west in your pictures, your wedding was beautiful! And you looked lovely, your dress was amazing! I'm a mountain girl at heart, get me outta the east!!!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

evil_O Guest

Peggy,

Bison sounds interesting. Definitely cheaper. Not sure about storage for it at this point though. We don't have a freezer yet; something I think we will be looking into next year.

As for a meet, we would be up for that. Maybe we can figure something out. Logistics can be a mess with our schedules... but recently we have had Thurs, Fri, and Sats off.

Interesting you should mention Yoder. We were just looking at a dog rescue (Dogo Argentino - dpg breed) and found one in Yoder. We were wondering where in the heck that place was. I am a native here in CO and have never heard of it. LOL

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

I live in Colorado Springs during the summers and Gunnison during the school year!

I would definitely be interested in meeting other Groks/Grokettes out here some time! Keep me posted on when it is -- I don't know how to hunt but definitely do plenty of other outdoor stuff (including snowboarding).

It would be fun to meet up in the winter for a ski/ride day and then have a primal dinner afterwards.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

oh Amy, i soooo want to go to Gunnison my son went to school there & another friend's son is going there this fall. I can ski for free @ CB...

Evil-0, I am Actually heading to Yoder tomorrow after work to pick up the man. He's leaving a vehicle there... maybe I should drop off a bison taster for you?? I have a crap schedule until I finish my temp job @ PO. I only have Sun off...

Might have to plan a fall-ish meet...

Suz: wedding @ Sand Dunes?? looks kinda like it. I'll be in Saguache this wknd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast