Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get into that dress or I give $500 to my least favorite people page

CaveBug is offline Senior Member

Get into that dress or I give $500 to my least favorite people

Primal Fuel
    For the last two years I have been living in Africa doing development out in the bush. I also didn't have a car so walking and biking were the order of the day, you want food, go get it but you have to use those legs. As you can imagine, living away from a typical SAD lifestyle helped a lot. When I got back from Africa I had lost 40 lbs, not too shabby I thought.

Shortly after getting back I went out and bought the bridesmaid dress I will be using for my brother's wedding this September. Inbetween ordering the dress and getting the dress, 10lbs found it's way back. I will be the first to admit that I went a little crazy-town-banana-pants with food when I got back. Really hard not to, but the butt stops here.

So here's my proposition, I'm not going to have the dress altered. If I can't get back into it by the wedding on September 21st:
    1) I'm screwed and so is my brother and his fiance, sorry guys
    2) I will give $500 to my least favorite organization ever.....PETA

And you know what, it's already working. My living situation involves a bunch of roommates and the shared shelf has cereal, major trigger for me, and I thought "is this bowl of cereal worth a $500 check to PETA?" no, the answer is no.

So here goes nothing. I have nothing to lose but extra a$$ fat, I refuse to lose my money.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Now that is motivation! Have you been following the PB for very long? We'll gladly cheer you on. Before and after dress pics?

I've known about primal for years but it has always been hard to follow, first as a college student in a dorm and then in Africa but it has always been a guide. As far as really following primal/paleo goes, it has been a little hit or miss for the past 8 months so hopefully this keeps it a little more hit than miss.

I got the idea from the website stickk.com, I'm just having my best friend keep me accountable. I don't have any before pictures, currently the dress and I are in two different places. It's in Denver and I'm in Wisconsin with an internship for 6 months so you'll just have to settle for the After pictures in the fall.

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Cavebug,

Great motivator.

Where were you in Africa? I've been there twice and am feeling like going back again. It has an odd pull for me. Like being homesick.

I've been offered a teaching job there that I may take one of these days.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    good for you you have a very cunning plan and i hope it goes grest
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It has an odd pull for me. Like being homesick.
    I have lived and worked in Africa for the better part of 20 years. I feel the same way Paleobird. Can't explain it, just the way it is.

Take the teaching job.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    2) I will give $500 to my least favorite organization ever.....PETA
    What a novel motivator. Not sure I could carry through with it myself, too much like going over to the Dark Side.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    PETA seems very primal to me. That's People Eating Tasty Animals, right?

I was in Malawi, along the lakeshore of Lake Malawi. I really miss all the different fruits. Tropical fruits are loaded with sugar but they are oh so tasty, expecially right off the tree. I had 4 mango trees in my backyard, just sitting under the tree plucking them off. Guava, passionfruit, chitopito. Mmmmmm.

Texas, I would never go over to the dark side, success is the only option.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    I was in Malawi, along the lakeshore of Lake Malawi. I really miss all the different fruits. Tropical fruits are loaded with sugar but they are oh so tasty, expecially right off the tree. I had 4 mango trees in my backyard, just sitting under the tree plucking them off. Guava, passionfruit, chitopito. Mmmmmm.
    I just really felt *healthy* both times I have spent time there. I think there is something about the volcanic soil that just makes produce feel like its bursting with nutrients.

I was in the six southernmost countries for a month and was planning my next trip before the jet lag wore off. I went back and spent a month in Tanzania. I really miss it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tanzania was cool, I was there for Christmas for a few weeks with a friend. The tea plantations in the south were beautiful and it was so much cleaner than Malawi was.

We were on a Bus headed to Dar and at one of the stops a guy was going around selling plums so we got some and just threw the pits out the window. A guy come up and started yelling at us through the window in Swahili, we only spoke Chichewa. He then proceeded to pick up the plum pits and throw them back in through the open window! It wasn't until we looked around that we realized everyone else was putting their pits in empty bags. No one in Malawi would do that. Zanzibar was amazing, great food, and teriffic diving, I'd go back too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast