Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get into that dress or I give $500 to my least favorite people page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Zanzibar is so pretty. I would love to go back there sometime when I have the energy to enjoy it more and do some diving. I was there for a 5 day post trip extension after my Mt. Kili climb so I basically sat in a beach chair for five days and rested. I loved the spices there.

Two things from Africa that have been incorporated into my everyday living which I think are very beneficial to health are Rooibos tea from S. Africa and turmeric.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    PETA seems very primal to me. That's People Eating Tasty Animals, right?
    LOL - funny stuff.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad I read your entire post! From the title I had visions of someone in your life THREATENING you with that statement!
    Whew.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    LOL Crabcakes. I can just imagine it. "Okay fatty pants, get in that dress by September, or I'm donating to PETA and vegetarianmonday.com." I'm also imagining someone saying that to me and then needing to go to the ER after I threw the scale at his head.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    LOL Crabcakes. I can just imagine it. "Okay fatty pants, get in that dress by September, or I'm donating to PETA and vegetarianmonday.com." I'm also imagining someone saying that to me and then needing to go to the ER after I threw the scale at his head.
    Hahahaha! I would have sent them to a proctologist for removal of the scale.

If you haven't already, you really should fill out that whole check, sign it and give it to someone you trust. That way, there is no backing out if you don't reach your goal

Good luck and kick some primal butt!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    This sounds like a great plan!

I didn't know what PETA was, to be honest, so I googled it, and...well...WHAT?! This is definitely my new least favorite organisation!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    PETA seems very primal to me. That's People Eating Tasty Animals, right?
    But they are all grain-fed animals leading sedentary lives in small cages.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Britt is offline Senior Member
    Wow, talk about a motivator! I have to follow this riveting adventure and hope PETA never gets that check!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be able to get into the dress with time to spare (I just hope it doesn't get to be too big!). I feel very drawn to Africa too, although I haven't visited yet. It is the place where we evolved, so I think it would feel a lot like home.

PETA really is the worst. Besides their scare-tactics and general hate-mongering, I dislike the way that they use provocative advertisements that sexualize ultra-thin women who are (quite literally) starving themselves with nutrient-poor foods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast