Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger Arms Contest page

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member

Bigger Arms Contest

Shop Now
    As I was reading through the “Why men won’t lift weights?” thread, I noticed that people were discussing feminism, skinny jeans, and the emasculation of the modern man. Naturally, this made me think about the size of my gunz.

The goal of this contest is to add an inch to your arms quicker than anybody else. Measurements should be taken on a cold, flexed arm at the widest point. Do whatever exercises that work for you and don’t interfere with your other goals. If you’re interested in participating, post your starting size and I’ll add you to the list. Any of you want to join me in getting swole?
    (Credit: 250orBust on the SS forum for the idea)

Jefferson1775 - 15"
    Ghshl - 13.5"
    clevinger - 15.75"
    Knifegill - 15"
    Last edited by Jefferson1775; 06-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I'll join you. I wouldn't mind having a bit larger arms, as they're quite small, even though I lift. Have never done any specific bicep work though.

Ghshl - 13.5"

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I'm not really looking to get any bigger right now, and focusing on arms would probably hinder some of the strength gains I'm working on, so I'm out. I will, however, follow this with interest. Please keep us posted on what works, food, protocols, etc.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to see some big quads. Big arms are way too common. Big quads are really very rare.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm not really looking to get any bigger right now, and focusing on arms would probably hinder some of the strength gains I'm working on, so I'm out. I will, however, follow this with interest. Please keep us posted on what works, food, protocols, etc.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    No problem, keep gettin' stronger! I didn't do anything different today during my workout, but I got some ideas.

1. Eat more protein.
    2. Watch lots of Hodge twins videos on youtube.
    3. Add a few sets of curls and triceps extensions to the end of my workouts. Mark Rippebro put them in his book for a reason.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

clevinger is offline Junior Member
    New guy here but I'll play.

15.75"
    Quads 24.5" just for sbhikes.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'd like to see some big quads. Big arms are way too common. Big quads are really very rare.
    But I already have problems getting trousers that fit me, since nothing my thighs fit into is anywhere close to my waist. Seems like I have the same problem magnolia has buying pants.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

quikky is offline Senior Member
    8 inches.

... Wait, nevermind, wrong thread.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My quads are 24".

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Quads: 25 1/4. I don't need mine to grow. If I did, I'd go for bicycle rides. I know how to grow my quads. Couldn't wear anything but corduroy for years. They're a lot smaller than they used to be, thank goodness!

Arms: 15. I'll keep lifting, see if anything happens. Not one for detailed programs, though... and I like fitting into my shirts...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast