Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weight loss vs health page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

weight loss vs health

Shop Now
    Just wondering who follows this way of eating because they want to lose weight, and who eats this way to be healthy (obviously most ppl are both)?

For example: I eat this way to stay healthy. I workout/run am muscular ect... I could probably eat a large pizza every day and not get fat but, for me, primal is about overall health. I find because of this, there are a lot of primal "rules" that dont completely apply to me. for example, a while back there was a debate about weather beans were primal or not. It seemed most people avoided them because they were "empty" calories.

I am not sure how the debate ended but, for someone like me, I am not afraid of empty calories because I need to consume 3000 a day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Health, hands down. I'm not fat, but depending on who you're asking, I could probably stand to "lose a few." I'm fine with it. For me it's all about getting rid of processed foods, bad oils, grains (though I allow myself a small amount two or three times a month), and CAFO animals and animal products. I'm not as strict with organic veggies because I don't eat that many veggies, and mostly they're from the farmers market. Even my simplest of one pot meals or a burger with some avocado smashed on top make me feel like I'm eating like a queen.

Bread was the only thing that was hard for me. I could live on sandwiches and burgers. So, I make that part of my "20," a few times a month and move on. When I indulge, I try to eat only a simple sourdough with no weird ingredients.

Oh and I recently ate hummus. Not as good as I remember.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Started off for weight loss, staying here for health, vitality, energy, just all round feeling great - and, naturally, weight maintenance.

Almost forgot: Also the food is the BEST, why would I eat anything else?

Gwynnda is offline Member
    For me it has to be a combination of both, lose weight to get healthier.

Also, I'm eating better, not just 1 meal a day at dinner.
    Health
    Happiness &
    "add a food"

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I came for weight loss and appetite control and I'm still here because I can't believe how amazing I feel. I didn't feel this good when I was young.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Gwynnda is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I didn't feel this good when I was young.
    I second that. Now I can keep up with my 4-year old.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Right now both... But I can't imagine going back to eating the way I used to, either. Also, there's nothing really wrong with my health right now apart from my weight, but I know that if I was to stay overweight this would not stay the case over the long term.

I must admit I do fixate on weight a bit, but at the same time health is a big priority of mine so I know I'll never go back to eating an unhealthy calorie restricted diet to lose weight.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    I was never overweight -- I came to primal hoping to overcome my obsessive calorie-counting. Health is important, but personally weight maintenance (not necessarily loss) is my priority at the moment.

Froggy is offline Junior Member
    I became primal mostly for feeling good and healthy. I had a stomach ulcer and had to be on medication for months. That was no way to live! Now, that I am happy with my weight, I am focusing on body-fat %. But feeling good definitely takes priority over looking good.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    This is my 2nd go-found. The first time was for weight loss but, even though I'm starting out about 5 or 10 pounds heavier, it's purely for health this time.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast