Thread: Paleo Coffee Ice Cream! page

racerrex9727 is offline Junior Member

Paleo Coffee Ice Cream!

I was craving a cold treat with it being summer and all, so I bought an ice cream maker and a few cans of coconut milk last week. I didn't come up with anything spectacular until today. I borrowed a simple coconut ice cream recipe, made some modifications, and set out to invent a paleo coffee ice cream. I was pleasantly surprised by my blind experimentation and got something that tasted ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

This tastes almost identical to those Starbucks Frappaccino ice creams which taste just as good as they are unhealthy. However, this coconut-based alternative is not packed with sugar, processed dairy, and all that junk which makes you feel full of regret afterwards.

Enjoy!

PALEO COFFEE ICE CREAM

Ingredients:
    2 cans coconut milk
    1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup (1/2 a cup if you like sweeter)
    2 tbsp vanilla extract
    1 packet of Starbucks VIA (I used house blend)

Instructions:
    Blend all ingredients, put in ice cream maker for 25 minutes or until thickened. I found it necessary to stir frequently for first 10 minutes to prevent an ice ring hardening on sides. Serve or freeze in airtight container. Note if you want ice cream that is firm as if it was bought from the store, store it for an hour or two in a freezer before serving.

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Sounds seriously good!
    I'd have to drop in a bit of chocolate and go for a mocha.
    I'm not a coffee drinker...thanks for the recipe.
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

racerrex9727 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRN View Post
    Sounds seriously good!
    I'd have to drop in a bit of chocolate and go for a mocha.
    I'm not a coffee drinker...thanks for the recipe.
    Yes! I was tempted to try that too... maybe add some cocoa powder to get a mocha flavor. I will have to try that.

Funny thing I discovered is vanilla is absolutely key to the base ingredients. The alcohol must help the consistency and get it to freeze faster. Otherwise I noticed it turns the ingredients into a watery ice block rather than a creamy base.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by racerrex9727 View Post
    Funny thing I discovered is vanilla is absolutely key to the base ingredients. The alcohol must help the consistency and get it to freeze faster. Otherwise I noticed it turns the ingredients into a watery ice block rather than a creamy base.
    Indeedly, I always add 1 tbsp vodka when I make ice cream. Instant antifreeze!
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list