Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanity and weight loss page 25

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    A. So many of the women here are beautiful and skinny, and you know what? T
    do you ever think there are women who look at you and think more or less the same - if not maybe its time you did
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I didnt read this, and maybe someone else posted already but it looks like it will be a good read.

It 's Hard Out here for a Fit Chick

In her email, she says of the blog:
    As some of you may know, last week I wrote a blog post called, "It's Hard Out Here For A Fit Chick."

It was, by leaps and bounds,my most popular post ever.

In summary, I discussed body image issues that I've struggled with since childhood, my fluctuating body fat
    levels, and the scrutiny I've faced in the fitness industry because I don't walk around "shredded" all the time.

I talked about learning to give myself grace and compassion when it comes to my body. And finally, I talked
    about how you too, can learn to give yourself grace and compassion about your body, and how you can still
    LOVE YOUR BODY, even if you want to change it. That's OK!
    Last edited by gopintos; 06-20-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    We've been made to think that women should be rail thin everywhere but we aren't (and sexier that way, I might add).
    Rail thin everywhere is not the best look in a lot of clothing styles.
    I get Marie Claire and they often show photos of runway models that get limited airbrushing and quite honestly, those women are not at all sexy looking, often very flat chested and no ass. It's not really a look I'd work to acheive.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    lso, I'm sure you've already tried this but I'll suggest it to you anyway: have you taken breaks from exercise? Working out six days a week is a lot. Maybe you're overexerting yourself, and your body is responding to the stress by burning muscle instead of fat.
    Yes, I stopped the workouts when I was dealing with the problem and brought them in slowly increasing the numbers. If I feel like I am fatigued, I drop cardio or go easier on the lifting. So, yes, I am watching my recovery and ability. Thank you for the empathy!

I know that some nuts are not inflammatory, but a strict anti-inflammatory protocol will have them out as they are one of the most common allergens after all (even soaked). But I think I do not have the need to take them out. Either eggs and nightshades removal did the trick, or I am just healing on my own. In a couple of weeks I will re-introduce the eggs, as they are more important than nighshades (though I love eggplants!) & see if they were the cause.

YogaBare, I go through the same thing every time I go to the pool or the gym. There are women of all ages, shapes and sizes in our busy rec center. Lately I endeavor to not slouch, covering up my flaws, but carry my tonnage proudly. In fact I am starting to think that in some respects me in low 130's actually look better than me in low 120s, as I think I look more proportional. Now, if only I could get firmer, lol.

Started snatches with the PT, yay, and wrist is completely good with it!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    but carry my tonnage proudly
    Frankly Leida, everytime I read something like this from you I kinda wanna kick you. I am 5'7" and 137 lbs. I believe that makes us close to the same size. I am a healthy normal sized woman. And so are you. Your body is not the problem, your brain is. I'm not trying to be a jerk but for crap sakes!!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Frankly Leida, everytime I read something like this from you I kinda wanna kick you. I am 5'7" and 137 lbs. I believe that makes us close to the same size. I am a healthy normal sized woman. And so are you. Your body is not the problem, your brain is. I'm not trying to be a jerk but for crap sakes!!
    +1 from a dude.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I agree, Magnolia. I used to think those scary-thin women were pretty, but now I just think they look unhealthy. All I see is someone who might be suffering from lack of calories and nutrition.

My sister goes to Vegas multiple times per year and will barely eat a thing for the entire week prior to get "bikini ready" if not to just drop whatever water retention she's been accumulating. If she wasn't such a moron I wouldn't think it was so hilarious.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

canio6 Guest
    I'm not trying to be a jerk but for crap sakes!!
    I am trying to be a jerk because it is f*cking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    +1 from a dude.
    exactly.

Here we are on a primal forum talking about heathy eating and getting healthy and blah blah f*cking healthy and here we have a thread that makes me wonder if you all are using fun house mirrors to get dressed in the morning. "OMFG My legs are 6" long and my stomach is huge and my neck looks like a giraffe. I better stop eating <what the f*ck ever> because what I see in the mirror never lies." Good lord above in heaven.

okay, I feel better now.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    +1 from a dude.
    +1 from a chick! I also think Leida's "problem" is that she's undermuscled for her frame. 115 at one point and still seeing "fat" is the main clue. Maybe start hanging out here for a sanity check.

Also I'm a size 8-10ish hourglass with a very present butt, I still rock the skinny jeans.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    If you guys don't like the thread, don't read it. If it wasn't helping anyone we wouldn't be posting on it. There's a lot of positive reinforcement here, in case you didn't notice.

And for the record, I think the last thing Leida needs is more abuse.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast