Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanity and weight loss page 22

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My mom is my mom & she has a pathology of some sort about running lives of anyone who dares approach her and lacking empathy. She is probably some kind of a sociopath... I am not qualified to call the judgement. In addition she is inconstant, and generates conflicting opinions every hour on the hour. She succeeded to destroy every relationship she had had in her life. Except for I will remain her daughter to the bitter end. I understand that, but as YB said - programming is hard to overcome.

YB, my latest piece de resistance is to cast the body fat in the valuable resource for muscle building light. I am not sure if the fat layer is sufficient to allow my body to start generating muscle but at least it's there.

Overall though, I know that my sleep and well-being improved dramatically since I have gained weight. Now, that inflammation is starting to get under control + sleep increased, the energy and strength are coming back in patches. Still, the "but why or why I can't have it *and* be thinner?" remains.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Overall though, I know that my sleep and well-being improved dramatically since I have gained weight. Now, that inflammation is starting to get under control + sleep increased, the energy and strength are coming back in patches. Still, the "but why or why I can't have it *and* be thinner?" remains.
    I think those are amazing results! I have similar ones too - it's incredible to finally be sleeping the night through after nearly a decade of chronic insomnia. And my mood is definitely much improved.

Let's keep the faith that even better improvements are on the way, and that our bodies are still adjusting. If you're still experiencing the burn out, then maybe you're not ready to drop any fat / build. Treat yourself as though you're recovering from an illness, or at least a really stressful period of time. Now if I can just take my own advice...

Also, it might be worth cutting back on what you're restricting, as Dilbury suggested. But ultimately, just do what feels right for you, and trust that it's all going in the right direction. Hugs to you.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    I've been following along and at this point don't have too much to add. I have my up and down days with how I feel about myself, and I am still trying to work on loving myself as I am right now (which of course is easier on the "up" days!). Since I've decided to focus on strength training, I've been reading a lot of the Girls Gone Strong posts, and Molly Galbraith posted up a good one today about our relationships with our bodies - Itís Hard Out Here for a Fit Chick (Part 2) | Molly Galbraith
    It's a good read, but I thought that the link to Part 1 of the article at the beginning was an even better read. I'm bookmarking these for my inspiration file.

Thanks to dilberryhoundog for compiling all of that info. I'm intrigued and will check out your thread for more info.

And YogaBare, I have been meaning to tell you for ages that I love your sig. I absolutely adore Bill Hicks (and psychadelics, for that matter!).

Magnolia, I wish I had your great taste in clothes! My sense of style had gotten much better, prior to my now constant companion of what looks like a 3-4 month pregnant belly. I'd much rather have my weight gain be evenly distributed! Pants have become my nemesis (anything with a waistband, really!), and I've started embracing flowly dresses to hide the "bump". Part of getting my ass back in the gym and hitting the weights hard is an attempt to at least be able to flaunt toned arms and legs, while camouflaging my middle.
    And thanks for posting Choco's quote from the other thread, that's good stuff. I can definitely get behind caring for my greatest possession.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heya, well, lookie what yahoo send us today, right on topic:

Yahoo!

And, thank you, YB!

Yep, I am planning to start adding foods back once the inflammation stops running from one system to another as it did since the end of April. I am actually thinking I might not need to cut out nuts.

Let me know how sprints are going. The rain started on my 9th wind-sprint, so I am officially back to sprinting. Dunno how long i would last, lol.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    My family was pretty abusive, too. You just have to let it go. Not easy to do. I had to attend 12-step meetings and lots of them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Leida, I was wondering about whether you have tried to eat sort of like PHD style and how you feel about starches. I think I saw you mention that someone else in your family does.
    IME they [starches] really help me feel satisfied for a long time. Much better compared to high fat or even high protein.
    I know you are avoiding nightshades for the time being, but perhaps this is something you want to look into sometime in the near future.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    I've been following along and at this point don't have too much to add. I have my up and down days with how I feel about myself, and I am still trying to work on loving myself as I am right now (which of course is easier on the "up" days!).

And YogaBare, I have been meaning to tell you for ages that I love your sig. I absolutely adore Bill Hicks (and psychadelics, for that matter!).

And thanks for posting Choco's quote from the other thread, that's good stuff. I can definitely get behind caring for my greatest possession.
    Hey HPG, Good to see you're still with us As you've probably gathered from this thread - I know how you feel. Fwiw - I know it's only a head shot, but you look beautiful in your profile pic, and nothing in it would indicate that you've got an ounce of weight to lose. So I bet you look great in reality!

Haha - yes, Bill Hicks is a legend. I'm hoping that by including him in my signature people will just assume I'm as cool as he is

And speaking of sigs - I think I might put Chocos quote in mine. Definitely the most inspiring thing I've read in a long time. Unfortunately some dufus posted right after him, refuting everything he'd said but hey - this is life n MDA

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Heya, well, lookie what yahoo send us today, right on topic:

Yahoo!

And, thank you, YB!

Yep, I am planning to start adding foods back once the inflammation stops running from one system to another as it did since the end of April. I am actually thinking I might not need to cut out nuts.

Let me know how sprints are going. The rain started on my 9th wind-sprint, so I am officially back to sprinting. Dunno how long i would last, lol.
    In my journal we actually chatted a lot about photoshopping at one stage. Zoebird knows quite a lot about it and pointed a lot of things out that I never would have noticed before. Bascially all photos are photoshopped... But imho, in the link you posted, the model looks better in the original!

And you're welcome Be proud of how far you've come.

What is the inflammation you're talking about? I thoroughly recommend the daily sprinting for weight loss. I can't do it right now cos I'm travelling and I don't know if I'll have the energy when I get back, but it definitely shrunk my thighs very rapidly. I can't remember how it affected my appetite back then.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My family was pretty abusive, too. You just have to let it go. Not easy to do. I had to attend 12-step meetings and lots of them.
    I'm on vacation with my parents at the moment, and it's amazing to observe how they are, without the emotional investment I had when I was younger. I feel quite sad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Leida, I was wondering about whether you have tried to eat sort of like PHD style and how you feel about starches. I think I saw you mention that someone else in your family does.
    IME they [starches] really help me feel satisfied for a long time. Much better compared to high fat or even high protein.
    I know you are avoiding nightshades for the time being, but perhaps this is something you want to look into sometime in the near future.
    Not related to anything I'm quoting from you - just wanted to say you look smokin' in your new avatar Graycat!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    dilberryhoundog Would you summarize the resulting actions of your theory to varying your food and macros often? I do that a bit currently but it is interesting the way you lay out the ideas behind it. Some days for lunch at work I will eat leftovers of groundbeed with butternut squash.. and the next day I might eat 400g of carbs from bananas and dates.

I also think this fits into more logical primal. As if primal ate high fat on a daily basis.. makes no sense to me. If a primitive tribe came across a field of tubers and pollen.. guess what they might not eat for weeks.. fat and much protein.
    hey there statikcat, yeah i went into big detail to explain the reasons why i believe this protocol will work, back a page or so, it is post #200

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1222232

but yeah thinking about how the body reacts to physical exercise and thinking back to groks day and imagining how he would've eaten was the defining factors in formulating this protocol. I will get to making a brand new thread up for people to discuss it all on instead of necroing yogabear's thread (sorry).

I'll leave ya's with a thought I had the other day:
    I still eat alot of food, I have eaten much, much, much more food (in my primal journey) than a person would, whom is trying to lose 70lbs over 4 months by using a CI=CO protocol.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    hi Yogabear, diene and co, I started that new thread ya's suggested:

dilberryhoundog's whole 30 eating protocol
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 06-16-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Not related to anything I'm quoting from you - just wanted to say you look smokin' in your new avatar Graycat!
    You are being too nice, but TY I hope you are making the most of your trip

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast