Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanity and weight loss page 16

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Actually, the skinny jeans don't look bad on her. What looks like shit is the bulky cropped hoody layered over the T shirt. Then it looks like she is braless and the pockets hit right on her boobs making them look saggy. Even someone thin would look like shit in that get up.

I'm sure the media had a field say saying she looked fat.

She looks divine in the outfits from MadMen.

I'm sorry, but people these days dress to look fat. I have a friend with short, curvy legs, belly and big boobs. ALWAYS wears baggy capri pants and a baggy Tshirt. It's like why the hell are you wearing that? How about show off the shapely legs with a skirt instead of making them look thick and stumpy? And then lets make sure every shirt you own is crew neck and has 650 extra inches of space around your stomach.

Clothes these days are not made for curves.
    Huh? Not all clothes are made for curves, but a lot are. The MadMen style is really in. I just bought a knit ruched bandage dress that looks hot as hell on my curves. Boot cut jeans, low cut look amazing on curves.

Yeah, the shit they sell at Target and Old Navy looks good on no one. You might have a shot at not looking sloppy if you are thin. But you see what crappy clothes like that do to even a woman with a divine body like Christina Hendricks. You just can't wear "lounge wear" and expect to look sexy. My friend bitches about looking frumpy.... well of course you look frumpy, you wear clothes that should be reserved for laying around the house out to social situations.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I just bought a knit ruched bandage dress that looks hot as hell on my curves.
    Can somebody translate this to English? Also, photos or it didn't happen.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Lol - Magnolia mentions her hot curves and suddenly we have men on the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Actually, the skinny jeans don't look bad on her. What looks like shit is the bulky cropped hoody layered over the T shirt. Then it looks like she is braless and the pockets hit right on her boobs making them look saggy. Even someone thin would look like shit in that get up.

I'm sorry, but people these days dress to look fat. I have a friend with short, curvy legs, belly and big boobs. ALWAYS wears baggy capri pants and a baggy Tshirt. It's like why the hell are you wearing that? How about show off the shapely legs with a skirt instead of making them look thick and stumpy? And then lets make sure every shirt you own is crew neck and has 650 extra inches of space around your stomach.

Huh? Not all clothes are made for curves, but a lot are. The MadMen style is really in. I just bought a knit ruched bandage dress that looks hot as hell on my curves. Boot cut jeans, low cut look amazing on curves.
    There is the fact that she was made up to look poor and trashy, but in general the skirts / dresses do look better on her body shape.

I disagree that people dress to look fat. Some people dress to accentuate their good traits, but many people dress to hide aspects of their body that they are embarrassed of. Maybe your friend wants to hide her breasts.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Ruching

Bandage dress

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Huh, you learn something new every day.

Thanks!

I will post a pic tonight of the red one. The red one is tighter, but this is a similar dress in grey on me - I can wear this to work:
    9027997806_4931a3f738.jpg

YogaBare, my friend wants to look attractive. Breasts are fucking very attractive if you have the right bra. Her legs are attractive. She thinks they are fat because they are thicker. But they are cellulite free, smooth, shapely. But a boxy saggy t-shirt and saggy cropped pants are like a self fulfilling prophecy of looking in the mirror and hating yourself.

And YogaBare, post a pic of you in the cocktail dress. Our resident men would probably enjoy additional education regarding fashion.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, I like the way men dressed, post WWII to the 60's, suits and ties, looking sharp (if you were fit). I sometimes follow a "vintage clothing" thread on another forum. The guy who started that thread has the build to wear those kind of clothes.
    The don't really look good on guys with a belly (like I do at present).

Not that I have much use for a suit, being a blue collar guy, but they look sharp.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love 50s-style swing dresses and own quite a few. The full skirts make my waist look smaller and give me the illusion of having curves.

I actually think that I look best in workout clothes--haha! Running shorts and t-shirts that are fitted but not too tight. Hides my belly and shows off my tight/muscular ass and thighs. Other short shorts work too. Unfortunately, I can't wear any of that to work.

Edited to add: Christina Hendricks is super hot. Look at those breasts! And she has a really pretty face too. And red hair. I could drool all over her, and I'm straight.
    Last edited by diene; 06-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast