Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanity and weight loss page 14

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I totally know what you mean Leida. The problem for me is consistency. If I work out / diet, I do see results, but energetically I can't maintain any kind of strict regime, and I end up crashing, which "undoes" what I've been doing.

The journey I've gone on with Primal has taught me that I can look in the mirror and hate what I see, or I can start giving myself a break. For some people, striving for perfection just brings endless sadness.

If you're deep and sensitive, with conflict interlaced through the fabric of your soul, then focusing on the body is often an attempt to control what lies within. This is tantamount to torture, because you are denying so much of yourself.

So, I'm going shopping tomorrow, and I'm going to buy clothes in a bigger size. A little landmark.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If you're deep and sensitive, with conflict interlaced through the fabric of your soul, then focusing on the body is often an attempt to control what lies within. This is tantamount to torture, because you are denying so much of yourself.

So, I'm going shopping tomorrow, and I'm going to buy clothes in a bigger size. A little landmark.
    You ever think that maybe you're beautiful enough on the inside that it really doesn't matter what's going on on the outside, Yoyo? I'm proud of you, but I also want to say that women's sizes aren't even consistent. I've not been able to fit into pants that are the exact same "size" as other pants that I do fit in, sizes run "big" or "small" etc. It's all a bunch of BS.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah... think of it as buying flattering clothes.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Mldami is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read through all 14 pages of this thread. But I was a compulsive binge eater for most of my life. 20+yrs. For the last 8, I have been a part of Overeaters Anonymous:H.O.W. (kind of a more rigorous OA program). With that 12 step program in place I haven't binged in over 8yrs. I have only been primal for the last 2.5 (almost) yrs.
    If there aren't meetings around you, there are phone and online meetings. PM me for more info if you'd like. It has really saved my life.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think this is key, find designs, cuts and colors that are flattering on you. I've seen plenty of women that are overweight and they look fabulous. I have a feeling Magnolia would be good to take shopping, she seems to have a good eye for this sort of thing. I'm pretty good at figuring out what cuts work for my shape but I need help with color! When you get the right clothes you feel attractive right away, you don't have to wait until you have the perfect shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I think this is key, find designs, cuts and colors that are flattering on you. I've seen plenty of women that are overweight and they look fabulous. I have a feeling Magnolia would be good to take shopping, she seems to have a good eye for this sort of thing. I'm pretty good at figuring out what cuts work for my shape but I need help with color! When you get the right clothes you feel attractive right away, you don't have to wait until you have the perfect shape.
    Magnolia, are you free today?

The problem is that I love clothes with a rough edge... baggy jeans, leather jackets, trainers, with a mix of sparkly stuff. Clothes that only look good on me when I'm skinny. So, being this size, I hate shopping, because I can't buy clothes I really like. I haven't been shopping in nearly a year, which is bad even for me (I'm not really one for clothes shopping - I prefer to spend my money on travelling).

Quote Originally Posted by Mldami View Post
    I haven't read through all 14 pages of this thread. But I was a compulsive binge eater for most of my life. 20+yrs. For the last 8, I have been a part of Overeaters Anonymous:H.O.W. (kind of a more rigorous OA program). With that 12 step program in place I haven't binged in over 8yrs. I have only been primal for the last 2.5 (almost) yrs.
    If there aren't meetings around you, there are phone and online meetings. PM me for more info if you'd like. It has really saved my life.
    Glad you found something that works for you Mldami Thanks for the offer of help. I'm actually fine in relation to binging though. Now I just have to deal with the overly-critical mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You ever think that maybe you're beautiful enough on the inside that it really doesn't matter what's going on on the outside, Yoyo?

I'm proud of you, but I also want to say that women's sizes aren't even consistent. I've not been able to fit into pants that are the exact same "size" as other pants that I do fit in, sizes run "big" or "small" etc. It's all a bunch of BS.
    No Bat... In my mind I'm never good enough! Although I'm getting much more forgiving than I used to be, and in the last few months I have been trying to think like that.

Also, sizes: yeah, I know that. But if it's not a size we care about, it's a size range.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare, you can make that look flattering.... What is your overall shape? Hourglass, pear, apple, athletic? And what body part do you LOVE right now?

I mean, you can make a lot of basics look edgy. Swap out baggy jeans for skinny. Buy really flattering boot cuts with a studded belt and pair with boots. Nice boobs? Sequin V neck.

YogaBare, you can make that look flattering.... What is your overall shape? Hourglass, pear, apple, athletic? And what body part do you LOVE right now?

I mean, you can make a lot of basics look edgy. Swap out baggy jeans for skinny. Buy really flattering boot cuts with a studded belt and pair with boots. Nice boobs? Sequin V neck.
    Thanks for the tips I'm not sure what my body top is... I have really thin legs, then 37:29:35. Maybe lopsided hour glass? My bely is disproportionate so I'm always trying to cover that. My legs are definitely my best feature. No chest *sad face*.

Well, I do the skinny jeans, leathers, trainers combo a lot. I wear high tops with mini skirts too. On an unrelated note, I'm torn between thinking I should start dressing more an adult (which I am), and planning my next piercing (I'm an artist so I figure I can get away with them?!)

- Ray Peat

Hmmm:
    Tbags Los Angeles V-Neck Peasant Dress EM1 Print - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Gabriella Rocha Jennifer Dress Coral - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Michael Stars Jude Stripe Dolman Dress Taupe - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Desigual Nadia Blanco - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

So my advice would be a bunch of short dresses with looser/easy fitting tops. Wear heels, a nude patent pump would be awesome. Play up your legs. I work with a girl built like you and she has a tummy, no boobs. Looks stunning in the kind of very short, loose swingy dresses. You just see a mile of leg.

I'd also make you try on something like this:
    MICHAEL Michael Kors Fulham Stripe Dress Neon Pink - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    That kind of wrapping can help create a shape and can hide a tummy.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wrap dresses are great too, for a lot of body types. Not really edgy though. You can wear them with knee high leather boots (or shorter booties since you have the legs for it), with a cropped jean or leather jacket on top.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast