Thread: Is something wrong with that space between my ears, or is it IFing? page

Castle is offline Senior Member

Is something wrong with that space between my ears, or is it IFing?

Primal Fuel
    It's final exam time, which necessitated an all-nighter. Making this the longest I've ever been awake without eating (currently 18hrs since last meal, awake the whole time). If I wasn't running on caffeine, I'd be more hungry. Buuttt....

I'm noticing weird things regarding me and animals. I love animals - it's why I went vegetarian back when I was a little kid. And why I only buy meat from well cared for animals now. But now they're all looking really appetizing.

We have lots of rabbits on campus, which are all really cute. I've never had rabbit, never had the urge to, but now when I look at them I feel the intense urge to chase them down, wring their necks and throw 'em in a pot for stew. Annually I go to a small petting farm, which had a Nubian-Goat that I loved. He was awesome, and sweet, and friendly. I looked at a photo of me and that goat, and all I could think of was, "Gee, I have some chevre in the fridge that would pair nicely." Same thing with all the wildlife I pass, or pictures of animals I see today. I even looked at a passing sophomore and though, "Mmm. Long pig."

...Alright, maybe not so much that last one. But in all seriousity, has anyone noticed a correlation between going a while without eating and wanting to devour nearly every living thing you see?

Or is it just lack of sleep and obscene amounts of coffee?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    hunger, lack of sleep and obscene amounts of coffee or you're turning into a werewolf- been bitten by anything or notice excess hair? if no eat something. Rabbit is really nice actually...
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

I was bitten by a small rodent recently. But werehamster doesn't sound nearly as cool as werewolf, so I'll just have some liver.

Regarding the rabbit, it's now on my meat shopping list. I'd grab one of the ones running around and get some free bunny, but I'm pretty sure there are a few laws against it.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Comeon dude this is why they make adderall.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

If I hadn't spent all my money on liver and sour cream I'd snag some. I don't understand why, but pills just never taste as good as beef and udder juice.

Priorities. Gotta have 'em.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There was a period of time when I was in college when I didn't have any money and I didn't have much to eat. I was a vegetarian at the time, too. I lived in the mountains. Every morning a family of quail came marching over a hill to scratch for things in front of my window. The baby quail were especially cute. The longer my predicament went on the less cute they became and the more I felt like eating them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

See, that's the weird thing for me - it's not that they're becoming less cute. All the young/baby animals are still ridiculously cute. They just look amazingly tasty as well. Does not compute in my head at all.

Baby quail? Hmm. This is weird, but I had no clue what a quail looked like up until three seconds ago. The baby ones are cute. And bite-sized. I wonder if you could make Quail Chick McNuggets...just get rid of the non-edible parts, and dunk it in hot fat.

I think I may be onto something here.