Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best foods that satiate my appetite!!! page

Jojogoingprimal is offline Junior Member

best foods that satiate my appetite!!!

Shop Now
    Hello PBers,

So far pb works very well. 'm Not extremely lost al lot of weight but feel fine!
    But there are days when I just don't get saturated. I do not dare to eat more than I do now.
    I want to keep this weight but prefer more weight loss. Maybe it's too early for this?! ( 5 weeks)
    Therefore, I would like to know which foods saturate more then others so I don't feel hungry shortly after every meal.
    Which food is best for a saturated snack??

BF /early lunch
    Big salad varied veggie's ( 300 gr. +)
    200 gr. Meat or fish (prepared in coconut or olive oil)
    1 egg
    250 gr. Fullfat Yoghurt

Diner 17.00
    200 gr. Meat or fish (prepared in coconut or olive oil)
    Potato 1 or 2
    300 gr. + varied veggie's

Snack is in the evening, 2 egg's with a raw carrot or an apple with full yoghurt.
    In the evening I still use sugarfree gum can not stop this habit....

Thank you for the effort

F/5.6/142 lbs
    (Btw, sorry for my poor English)

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    fattier meat and fish work best for me. I tend to use animal fat rather than olive oil when cooking- it seems to add to my fullness.
    you eating plan looks pretty good and so is your English so don't apologise
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Satiating foods, in my experience at least, have the potential to vary from person to person. Or not. We all have different bodies, and we need to see what's right individually. That being said, I'll second fatty meat cooked in animal fat. Coconut milk too, for me, but only when it's solid. Not when it's a liquid. If you allow white potatoes in your diet and you're active enough to use them, they're pretty filling.

Regarding the gum, toss what you have out, stop buying more, and chew on a toothpick if you want to chew. It's a breakable habit.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I find eggs cooked with runny yolk to be very satisying, and yes - animal fats and fatty meat are also very satiating. Also eating plenty of fresh veg and fruit works well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    fattier meat and fish work best for me. I tend to use animal fat rather than olive oil when cooking- it seems to add to my fullness.
    you eating plan looks pretty good and so is your English so don't apologise
    Thank you Carbdodger! The fattier meat will indeed keep me fuller for longer, normally

2 days ago I was invited for dinner at a steakhouse. The starter was chicken wings and ribs which was 2 wings/2 ribs for me. After that a buffalo steak of 300 gr. with 1 large white potato and heavy cream. In addition, a medium salad. Dessert was ice cream, ik didn't order this.....but I had to bite my lip because I was still hungry
    When I got home I ate a bowl full yogurt and a few nuts. Witch didn't fill me enough for a after-snack.
    I'm glad this is not happening every day, it's exhausting........

But...is this normal??

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Satiating foods, in my experience at least, have the potential to vary from person to person. Or not. We all have different bodies, and we need to see what's right individually. That being said, I'll second fatty meat cooked in animal fat. Coconut milk too, for me, but only when it's solid. Not when it's a liquid. If you allow white potatoes in your diet and you're active enough to use them, they're pretty filling.

Regarding the gum, toss what you have out, stop buying more, and chew on a toothpick if you want to chew. It's a breakable habit.
    Thank you Castle. I did not think about coconut milk yet...sounds good for in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I find eggs cooked with runny yolk to be very satisying, and yes - animal fats and fatty meat are also very satiating. Also eating plenty of fresh veg and fruit works well.
    Thank you Owen. The runny yolk is delicious but here on Bali I bake or boil my eggs for salmonella risk

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From reading here, I think that everyone finds a different satiation combination. Some find PB too restrictive carb wise. Some people find that going High Fat, Low Carb works. And some find that higher protein works. It seems to be that given the general guidelines, we all need to use our bodies as Petri dishes to find out what works for us.

Two hard boiled eggs work some kind of magic for me. They have about 12 gms protein and 10 grams fat total, and it's not a ton of food, but for some reason they shut down my hunger mechanism.

P.S. Your English is just fine!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Your food looks very good. What is your activity level? Doing a lot of exercise can make you more hungry. I know it does for me. When I go to the gym in the morning I feel very hungry for the rest of the day, and sometimes the next day as well.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What is wrong with sugarless gum?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast